To alleviate Allan's boredom with 1000 bhp

ArytonS

Go Drive it!

Enter the Unlimited class... in any one of the following: http://www.lateralg.org/speeding/rallys.htm

Choose from:

1) Pony Express Open Road Race. Based out of Battle Mountain, NV on State Highway 305, this 83.55 mile road course is a fast, challenging road with long, smooth straightaways and exciting canyon turns. The current course record is over 194 MPH in the Unlimited class.

2) Silver State Classic

Early September

Nevada Highway 278 is a shorter and more challenging open road racing venue which is run in both directions. Although there are no "Narrows" such as are found on 318, there are more challenging curves, hills, and a long straight-away before the Finish Line that will delight all you top speed lovers! The entire course is in Eureka County which is a much more pastoral setting then found on 318 with low rolling hills which create more elevation changes on the roadway. Although the course is only 55 miles in length the driver and navigator will probably be expending as much effort as they do on the 90 mile 318 course due to the increased turns and other challenges of this exciting open road event venue. Although we don't expect to see average speeds over 200 mph on this road, such speeds are not out of the realm of possibility. This venue is combined with a run on 318 the following weekend with many automotive activities in between in the City of Ely, all combined into a unique open road racing event covering over 200 miles known as Silver State Speed Week.

3) Gambler's Run

Last Updated by LateralG on Apr 1, 2008

Total distance: 66.88 mi

MKM Racing Production

Late August

We invite you to participate in our most challenging racing event, the Gambler's Run Twin 50 Open Road Race,. This event is run on scenic State Highway 225 out of Elko, NV, and is the second of our two exciting "two-way" events this year. This beautiful and challenging highway runs north out of Elko for 50 miles. On the first leg, racers will wind their way through a fast, curvy road demanding their complete attention; then, after a short turnaround, the racers head back south towards Elko. If you are racing as a team, you can each take a turn at the wheel, as driver changes are allowed at the turnaround. Straightaway speeds on this road are expected to exceed 200 MPH for the super-fast Open Division cars!

4) Nevada Open Road & Silver State Classic

Last Updated by LateralG on Apr 1, 2008

Total distance: 91.03 mi

Silver State Classic

Mid May & Mid September

The Nevada Highway 318 events are identical, differing only in the time of year. They begin just South of Lund, at White Pine County just north of mile marker 9, head South through Nye County, and finish at Lincoln County mile marker 7. The journey traverses 90 miles of two lane highway which has recently been repaved and is in excellent condition, with long straights, twisty sections, and dips, which for the faster participants, may result in an airborne experience. Entrants receive a set of Course Notes and a video tape to help them prepare for the event. The cars are run in classes at five mile per hour increments, from 95 mph to 180 mph, with the class determined by the vehicle's safety equipment, the driver's experience level and the driver/navigator comfort level. There is also an Unlimited Division for very experienced drivers with full race-equipped cars. Vehicles are started at one minute intervals and 30 second intervals, beginning with the 150 mph class and working back to the 95 mph class. Once the last 95 mph class vehicle clears the course, the Unlimited Division and the higher speed brackets over 150 are run as the final group.

Chris....

The problem is that you have to have a full race cage to run in the unlimited class. You have to have a lot of other safety equipment to run in the lower classes. It would be fun but is it worth having 200k tied up if you can only use it 3-4 times a year and play by someone elses rules? Especially when you have to take a couple of days out of your schedule to do it each time?

Going 200mph for 90 miles in my opinion is suicide... Blow a tire and sayonara... I want an event like Gusfag puts on.. 3-4 times a year..

Especially when you have to take a couple of days out of your schedule to do it each time?

Have to take a couple of days?

I am willing to give few of my inner organs to go and spend a weekend in unlimited road competition with 1000rwhp lambo!

SSCC is a fantastic event! I've been a couple times and it's always a blast.

If you're going to run anywhere near 200 you really should get new tires and some places will even do x-ray tests etc to make sure they are up to par.

You could pretty easily spec the car into grandsport and run 185 max. To be honest I don't think many here have the stones to run any quicker than that on 318 anyway.

Some pics I took a couple years ago.

NevadaOpenRoadChallenge2006022.jpg

ORRBackground.jpg

PI5Send1912.jpg

PI5Send816.jpg

PI5Send446.jpg

PI5Send264.jpg

PI5Send4461.jpg

If Rick can take his F40 out, there is no reason anyone else can't bring a lambo to play.

SSCC is a fantastic event! I've been a couple times and it's always a blast.

If you're going to run anywhere near 200 you really should get new tires and some places will even do x-ray tests etc to make sure they are up to par.

You could pretty easily spec the car into grandsport and run 185 max. To be honest I don't think many here have the stones to run any quicker than that on 318 anyway.

Some pics I took a couple years ago.

PI5Send816.jpg

PI5Send4461.jpg

If Rick can take his F40 out, there is no reason anyone else can't bring a lambo to play.

Hey thats the F40 I blew away!

Going 200mph for 90 miles in my opinion is suicide... Blow a tire and sayonara... I want an event like Gusfag puts on.. 3-4 times a year..

Isnt that essentially what happened to Richard Losees (sp??) Most Miles Enzo?! I know he was in something like this and had that horrible wreck, which they are now rebuilding into a twin turbo enzo or something along those lines.