Brazilian GP update w/ spoiler

DancingBenzos

I admit that I haven't seen that race and it might as well has been the greatest race since Sena days however the F1 of the last 10 years or so is boring as far as racing on level field between drivers is concerned, the last season might have been a step in the right direction though.. and this is definitely not only MY opinion as I know a lot of people in the racing world share it.

F1 with Sena, Prost, Mansel, Piquet, Rozenberg, Lauda, Arnaux etc..was much more exciting then today's

The schumi days are over luckily for everyone and the cars are much more even, with out the clear ferrari bias of past years. Mosley is on the way out and hopefully bernie will croak in a few more years. The stewards are still making bone headed decisions, but not so much anymore. This year proved that you don't need a 200 million dollar team, you just need a well set up car and a driver with balls of steel. I would of preferred Mark Webber to win this years title, but that man obviously pissed off a thousand black cats in his lifetime as he has the worst luck of anyone. Plus the renault engine the red bulls had was no match for the mercedes engines. You should start watching again, yes there are procession races like singapore, and the spanish street circuit, but the racing has been really great this year. Next year should be great with the no refueling rule, and a lot of driver team changes. Donkey to Ferrari, Kubica to Renault, Rosberg probably to brawn, barrichello to williams or toyota, and maybe Kimi back to McLaren. Hamilton will probably dominate next year, but who knows, ferrari should be quick but they are having team mate wars already.

The schumi days are over luckily for everyone and the cars are much more even, with out the clear ferrari bias of past years. Mosley is on the way out and hopefully bernie will croak in a few more years. The stewards are still making bone headed decisions, but not so much anymore. This year proved that you don't need a 200 million dollar team, you just need a well set up car and a driver with balls of steel. I would of preferred Mark Webber to win this years title, but that man obviously pissed off a thousand black cats in his lifetime as he has the worst luck of anyone. Plus the renault engine the red bulls had was no match for the mercedes engines. You should start watching again, yes there are procession races like singapore, and the spanish street circuit, but the racing has been really great this year. Next year should be great with the no refueling rule, and a lot of driver team changes. Donkey to Ferrari, Kubica to Renault, Rosberg probably to brawn, barrichello to williams or toyota, and maybe Kimi back to McLaren. Hamilton will probably dominate next year, but who knows, ferrari should be quick but they are having team mate wars already.

All true. I wish they would dump some of these crap races and move back to more historic circuits. It's obvious that they were only arranged for the money, (S. Korea and India coming soon). US/Mexico and a French circuit are really needed.

simma down now people! :)

congrats to button. had a great team to back him up and fantastic co-driver as well.

Why is it people from SCV always feel so special they have to post what happened in the subject. I outta drive up from Studio CIty and show you a thing or two about Forum Etiquette!!!!!

Kidding....

Best race all season. Def. made up for the shitty rain qualies from Saturday.

Hopefully McLaren get's that 3rd place spot in constructors over Ferrari.

Next year will be awesome. Especially if Kimi goes to Red Bull and there will be several great teams with very talented drivers.

congrats to brawn, ross is an amazing director, Most of all to button hes been my favorite driver since i started following f1 and i'm glad he finally got a word championship and a great season. I think he earned it even in the beginning at least 3 other cars were competitive and he still one 6/7. i agree with LAbull i'm really hoping next year turns out to be as interesting as i'm hoping. I'll be glad to see the lotus name return as well

Why is it people from SCV always feel so special they have to post what happened in the subject. I outta drive up from Studio CIty and show you a thing or two about Forum Etiquette!!!!!

Kidding....

Best race all season. Def. made up for the shitty rain qualies from Saturday.

Hopefully McLaren get's that 3rd place spot in constructors over Ferrari.

Next year will be awesome. Especially if Kimi goes to Red Bull and there will be several great teams with very talented drivers.

because we are attention whores who live in a protective bubble with no real crime, yet a police force that would make the kremlin jealous. :icon_mrgreen:

Stig you bring up a great point, right now there are 17 tracks on the calender. With I think 18 next year and probably 19 or 20 the following year. DO we really need this many races, especially when many of the GPs are losing their asses in these races by not selling out tickets and the outrageous cost bernie puts on them. Do we really need a South Korea, Australia, China, Japan, Malayasia, Singapore and soon to be India race, yet only one event in the Western Hemisphere? (two next year with the addition of canada!) Why is Donnington being given such special treatment? Give the race back to Silverstone until Donnington can get their act together, we do not need any more half ass races on the calender. Take away the spanish street circuit unless they make some serious changes. Bahrain I understand but Abu Dhabi as well? One or the other please, and no I wont say we need a US stop over until we have a US track worthy of holding the event. Miami street circuit would be amazing especially if they did it at night. If the US does not get a race back, which we probably will in a few years, then I think Mexico city would be a great option. That race would consistently sell out especially if this young Gutierrez guy from Formula BMW, moves up to F1 in the next few years!

If you havent heard of him do a google search, this guy has talent.

Are we allowed to say Button won yet?

Cracking race yesterday, true modern day classic with everything you want in a race for the first 22 laps then the plot simmered and developed.

Fights, fires over taking and a new champion that no one saw coming 12 months ago. Button has been getting a hell of a lot of flack from the press and on various forums and when he qualified so low down I thought he was going to do another plod along.

I checked the betting odds of him claiming the WDC on Sunday morning and they were not brilliant so didn't bother.

But he went for it and showed a lot of people that he is good. Back to back winning good? Not sure.

Brilliant for Brawn though, the guy is truly humble and truly great.

First thing he did was say thanks to the people he had to let go in the spring. Then thanked the team and his drivers before holding the tears.

Class act, class team, in a way shame it could be breaking up but would love Senna and Button in a competitive car next year.

because we are attention whores who live in a protective bubble with no real crime, yet a police force that would make the kremlin jealous. :icon_mrgreen:

Not thread jack but I just finished convincing someone why SCV is hickville and it had to do with your response, partially.

When you have John Wayne Sheriffs and Ponch CHP patrolling all the roads up there I don't think that would make anyone jealous, especially since half the LAPD that beat Rodney King still live up there.....lol.

Now back on topic...

Will Kimi pick a f'ing team already!!!!!!

Not thread jack but I just finished convincing someone why SCV is hickville and it had to do with your response, partially.

When you have John Wayne Sheriffs and Ponch CHP patrolling all the roads up there I don't think that would make anyone jealous, especially since half the LAPD that beat Rodney King still live up there.....lol.

Now back on topic...

Will Kimi pick a f'ing team already!!!!!!

Funny you mention rodney king, I will have to PM you with a funny story about that.

Brawn isn't breaking up, only growing stronger in getting rid of ruebens, who can be a parasite on any team when he isnt winning. It should be button and Rosberg next year, but it all depends on where kimi goes... Makes it look further like he is headed to McLaren after whitmarsh said theree will be no announcement until the season is over, and with heikkis audition as the flamethrower in a WW2 movie of the weekend, it is pretty much locked that his ass is gone. McLaren will never win a WCC with heikki in that second seat. Lewis has literally dragged them into third place this year.

What I think will be more important though than where kimi goes is where mercedes goes next year. If red bull is allowed to have that power plant, Vettel will be right in the mix for WDC with them winning the WCC if Webber doesnt piss off anymore black cats, or mirrors.

Funny you mention rodney king, I will have to PM you with a funny story about that.

Brawn isn't breaking up, only growing stronger in getting rid of ruebens, who can be a parasite on any team when he isnt winning. It should be button and Rosberg next year, but it all depends on where kimi goes... Makes it look further like he is headed to McLaren after whitmarsh said theree will be no announcement until the season is over, and with heikkis audition as the flamethrower in a WW2 movie of the weekend, it is pretty much locked that his ass is gone. McLaren will never win a WCC with heikki in that second seat. Lewis has literally dragged them into third place this year.

What I think will be more important though than where kimi goes is where mercedes goes next year. If red bull is allowed to have that power plant, Vettel will be right in the mix for WDC with them winning the WCC if Webber doesnt piss off anymore black cats, or mirrors.

Agree with everything, which is remarkable in its own right.

Anyway, Kovalinen is done in F1. I know it's not easy being teammate to Hamilton, but he was in a winning car with great support, at least the latter half of the season, he should have been doing as well as Lewis, and definitely not that much worse.

I didn't get to watch the race at all..and im not sure where to watch it either..but i saw some parts of it on the news..the crashes and fire looks like a pretty exciting race for sure!

I didn't get to watch the race at all..and im not sure where to watch it either..but i saw some parts of it on the news..the crashes and fire looks like a pretty exciting race for sure!

a little birdie suggest you try one of the torrent sites, like mininova or scrapetorrent.

a little birdie suggest you try one of the torrent sites, like mininova or scrapetorrent.

Don't they replay races on speed?

Don't they replay races on speed?

in between their 23 hour coverage of nascar and nascar commercials I think they do. I don't have speed anymore, DirectTV keeps moving it to random packages every god damn few months it seems. I had it at the start of the year, and then it moved to a different pack, then it came back then it went away again....I have no clue what the hell is going on with them so I just listen on Sirrius 126 and read the BBC commentary. You would be amazed how exciting listening to a F1 race at 4 AM sitting in the garage can be while updating the race commentary on your blackberry.