LP560 Window Switch into Gallardo/04

ctomic

hi guys,

does anyone know if the attached switch from the LP560 would fit into a Gallardo/04 ?

all the best,

chris

test.JPG

From what I have heard the plugs are different.

Why would you want it anyway....They made the window buttons 'backwards' and it's annoying. Push up to go down, push down to go up?? WTF?

From what I have heard the plugs are different.

Why would you want it anyway....They made the window buttons 'backwards' and it's annoying. Push up to go down, push down to go up?? WTF?

really? that is stupid, reminds me of all these automatic cars that manufacturers fit the "manual" shift option on with the + & - which are all backwards.

but its nothing anyone with a basic knowledge of wiring couldnt fix (unless its a full Bus electrical system but then you could do it though an OBD unit)

really? that is stupid, reminds me of all these automatic cars that manufacturers fit the "manual" shift option on with the + & - which are all backwards.

but its nothing anyone with a basic knowledge of wiring couldnt fix (unless its a full Bus electrical system but then you could do it though an OBD unit)

Yep. I hear you...You could just rearrange the pins on the plug if you're crafty.

Correct the plug connectors are different. We did have some issues with that part on the 560 the switches could malfuntion on the inside and would stop working I have replaced 8 or 9 of them before we closed.

It was DOT that made Lambo change which way you push the button to roll the window up. The 09 Murci had to change also.

Correct the plug connectors are different. We did have some issues with that part on the 560 the switches could malfuntion on the inside and would stop working I have replaced 8 or 9 of them before we closed.

It was DOT that made Lambo change which way you push the button to roll the window up. The 09 Murci had to change also.

DOT? That's strange...I don't see the logic. But then again it IS the DOT....

ok so it doesnt fit the 06 gallardos onwards?

No. I tried to do this mod. Original one has two connectors, 560 part has only one. I also tried to just swap the internals, but that was not possible. Anyone who wants to try can pm me as I will sell the 560 switch bank.

DOT? That's strange...I don't see the logic. But then again it IS the DOT....

DOT mandated that so Lamborghini's switches conform with the way all the other car manufacturers (window) switches operate. It is somewhat logical: you push down on the switch to make the glass go down and you lift the switch (with your finger tip) to cause the glass to lift. I believe that is the rationale. :)

DOT mandated that so Lamborghini's switches conform with the way all the other car manufacturers (window) switches operate. It is somewhat logical: you push down on the switch to make the glass go down and you lift the switch (with your finger tip) to cause the glass to lift. I believe that is the rationale. :)

Good observation. It always seemed counterintuitive to me however now that you've pointed that out I can see the problem is a function of mounting the window switches vertically on the console instead of horizontally on the door armrest.

This makes no sense to me at all. My Cayman S has vertical switches (mounted on the doors, but vertical nonetheless) in the same shape as the Gallardo switches in my '06 G, and you push them down to lower the window. Is the DOT going to make Porsche change? My Elise also has vertical switches on the door, where you push the bottom to make the window go down, as does a Ferrari 360/430 (on the center console). I don't get why the DOT would make Lambo change, and it seems less intuitive to me anyway.

-- Gordie

This makes no sense to me at all. My Cayman S has vertical switches (mounted on the doors, but vertical nonetheless) in the same shape as the Gallardo switches in my '06 G, and you push them down to lower the window. Is the DOT going to make Porsche change? My Elise also has vertical switches on the door, where you push the bottom to make the window go down, as does a Ferrari 360/430 (on the center console). I don't get why the DOT would make Lambo change, and it seems less intuitive to me anyway.

-- Gordie

Gordie,

I did put the emphasis on the word somewhat: in the cohort -- 'somewhat logical'. ;)

FWIW, when the switch is a version that you can hook your fingertip underneath..... it seems intuitive; sort of! :o