Removing center (radio & AC) console?

A23

Hey guys,

any tips on removing the center console?

I've looked and there is no visible screws or whatsoever.

I don't want to break stuff by just pulling it out without knowing anything.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony

Hey guys,

any tips on removing the center console?

I've looked and there is no visible screws or whatsoever.

I don't want to break stuff by just pulling it out without knowing anything.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony

What part of the center console hare you removing ? The upper part around the radio with A/C controls ?

If so then you need to remove the radio. You must remove the center console side cover by the fuse box cover in the right side foot well. There is a back strap for the radio. Then I use a 1.5mm allian to go into the holes in the front of the radio to relese its side clips then the radio slides out. You must then remove the radio din box (small metal fram that the radio clips into) it has tabs that are folded out to hold it. You fold the tabs back in kinda of a pain. Then there are two 3mm? allians that holds the pice that fits around the radio. If you are looking into the empty radio hole they are on the sides, remove them and you can carefully lift the pice out. You must unplug the A/C contol pad and it is off.

You must be very carefull when removing the radio and the din box for if you bump the edges of the center pice it can peel the black soft touch paint very easy.

If it is the lower part say where the window switches are thats alot more work and you can damage the leather very easy.

What part of the center console hare you removing ? The upper part around the radio with A/C controls ?

If so then you need to remove the radio. You must remove the center console side cover by the fuse box cover in the right side foot well. There is a back strap for the radio. Then I use a 1.5mm allian to go into the holes in the front of the radio to relese its side clips then the radio slides out. You must then remove the radio din box (small metal fram that the radio clips into) it has tabs that are folded out to hold it. You fold the tabs back in kinda of a pain. Then there are two 3mm? allians that holds the pice that fits around the radio. If you are looking into the empty radio hole they are on the sides, remove them and you can carefully lift the pice out. You must unplug the A/C contol pad and it is off.

You must be very carefull when removing the radio and the din box for if you bump the edges of the center pice it can peel the black soft touch paint very easy.

If it is the lower part say where the window switches are thats alot more work and you can damage the leather very easy.

Here is a diagram, I just upgraded mine to all carbon.

Scott

Murci_Center_Console_Installation_Instructions.pdf

• 3 weeks later...