Advice on new wheels/tires for my Murcie

Charlie

Does changing the OEM wheels to aftermarket ones ruin the AWD system?

I was told not to put on any aftermarket wheels on my car since the warranty will not cover any damages done to the car by putting them on. I heard that people have had problems after about 5,000 miles on non OEM wheels.

Usually problems occur because of incorrect, front to rear, tire circumference ratios. You want to keep the ratio of f/r as close to stock as possible (usually under 2-3% id fine I like to keep it 1% off at most). This holds true for any awd car not just Lambos.

The gears in the differential grind over and over until the teeth are gone if the ratio is off.

For example member "kisco" went with stock tire sizes so there is no reason that the warranty would be void.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually problems occur because of incorrect, front to rear, tire circumference ratios. You want to keep the ratio of f/r as close to stock as possible (usually under 2-3% id fine I like to keep it 1% off at most). This holds true for any awd car not just Lambos.

The gears in the differential grind over and over until the teeth are gone if the ratio is off.

For example member "kisco" went with stock tire sizes so there is no reason that the warranty would be void.

I have read what you mention above, about keeping all the ratios as close to stock as possible. I wanted to get aftermarket rims before and talked to my service manager and he still recommended not doing it. I guess everyone has his or her own preferences. I would still love to get some other rims for my car :)

• 3 years later...
Do it!!! :)

No dealer is going to encourage aftermarket parts it is a liability to them ;)

Dude, what's the wheel in ur avatar?!

what weight saving does it have compared to stock rim?