Advice on new wheels/tires for my Murcie

Charlie

Hey Guys! Ordering new wheels for my Murcie this week! What wheel/tire option would you run. I am considering the new deep dish Asanti wheels?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree that DLmurci's car looks sick, isnt it the same color as Charlie's? I dont think i would want to copy the car exactly! But then again thats me and my opinion doesnt mean shit!!

While I agree that DLmurci's car looks sick, isnt it the same color as Charlie's? I dont think i would want to copy the car exactly! But then again thats me and my opinion doesnt mean shit!!

Ditto, maybe he can add some accents in color somewhere to make a differance.

BTW: What happened to the old rims?

Yes, those rims do look great but I do not want to have the same wheels...even our calipers are the same...lol. I had a curb jump at me so either replacing the barrel or replacing the wheels all together.

What about these - chrom barrels, brushed center with black paint like image...

post-10287-1258588701_thumb.jpg

Deep dish with obscene lip seems totally played out. Doesn't look very good on Murcies or most other cars to me.

Deep dish with obscene lip seems totally played out. Doesn't look very good on Murcies or most other cars to me.

Not to mention the safety concerns. They're great if you just wanna floss, but if you're really going to push your Murci I would avoid the deep dish.

I was always worried whenever i pushed my Murci past 150MPH..I had vision's of the wheels exploding.

Charlie,

Check out the intro pricing (for one piece and three piece) I have on the sponsor section. ADV.1 has the only 20x13 ONE PIECE that for the Murci's that dont require a spacer to my knowledge. The forging is supplied by the OEM manufacturer as well...

Might want to take a look:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44111

ADV.1 also just released a new center for the 3 piece similar to the 360's above...pics soon

Thx Jorge! I do want some lip to the wheels...just get so many compliments on how great the lips look next to stock Murcie wheels, etc. Any other suggestions?

Thx Jorge! I do want some lip to the wheels...just get so many compliments on how great the lips look next to stock Murcie wheels, etc. Any other suggestions?

Well the ADV.1 3 piece will have a lip (about 3-4 lip then the spokes with concave). The Murci is the best car for concave because you get a big lip AND the concave :)

Picture the wheel HBLAMBO posted about except more concave (or the same as that one if you prefer) and another 3 inch lip because that pic above is based of a bmw 3 series which only fits about a 3 inch lip....

But if you want to go another route we could do some HRE's (maybe their new CF series), Klassen's, etc...

I was saying the ADV.1 because they are looking for a Murci to do 3 piece on someone on here already ordered the one piece ;)

if i were to get wheel for the murcie, it would definitely have to be lighter than the stock wheels with performance in mind. i really like the look of the HRE carbon series. very exclusive just like the car and i'm sure hell of a lot lighter that it will increase performance.

If performance is in mind then a one piece wheel or the HRE carbon series would be my choice. The problem for the Murci crowd has been that no one makes a 20x13 in one piece w/o a spacer for you until ADV.1

Weight wise the HRE carbon series is not much (about 1-2 pounds depending on application) lighter than the ADV.1 one piece.

Thats why the HRE Carbons dont sell as well...not many people are willing to fork up that much $$$ ;)

Jorge, what is the weight savings for the ADV.1 over my GFG Narkid's? What is the total cost with PZero tires?

Figure that all 3 piece wheels are going to be about the same weight maybe a pound difference for comparable offset/sizes. A few companies will offer to do a lightening program (about $1000-$1200) where they add titanium fasteners, pocket cuts on the hub, etc and that will bring the weight down about 2 pounds per corner.

Now if you were to go with a one piece such as HRE, ADV.1, etc. you would save about 8-10lbs per corner. You will feel the difference but you wont have the lip.

Keep in mind people will still comment on the wheels for other things such as the very deep concave on the adv's.

Either route you cant go wrong.

tt Jorge today and real nice guy. ADV is wanting a nice three peice wheel to showcase on a Murcie so right now that is a solid option. Jorge, please put an image up of the wheel. The other two options are the wheels above by Savini or Asanti AF162 or AF163.

Charlie,

Thanks for calling today. Here are the 3 designs that are ready to go. This is the standard center not the extreme concave center (they arent ready yet...give those a couple weeks).

ADV5.2

ADV5.jpg

ADV5vv.jpg

ADV7

DSC_1813.jpg

DSC_1818.jpg

ADV5

DSC_8026.jpg

DSC_8030.jpg

Some one I know has 4 brand new Mayas on P Zeros ready to go for 5k .

I have a set on my car and they're good but once they go bald I'm going back to stock . Here is a photo of mine .

post-20654-1258842848_thumb.jpg

post-20654-1258842899_thumb.jpg

One more

post-20654-1258848736_thumb.jpg