What does a good clear bra job on a Gallardo look like?

Ag02M5

Sorry for the noob post.

Was trying to do some reseach but pretty much only found that custom is the way to go.

What should one expect for a really good job?

Remove bumper to wrap edges?

What areas are must wraps? Hood, bumper, mirrors, rear vent openings...What about on SL? Any wrap on the lower carbon pieces?

What is the choice material manufacturer these days?

Any pics of what a GOOD job on a Gallardo would be appreciated. I can print it an take to the installer so a clear expectation is set up front.

Located in Houston if anyone has a specific shop. May ask Lambo Houston.

Thanks.

RT

One piece, FULL hood is a must. Wrapping the edges also helps...I don't know that they need to remove the fenders...

Entire front bumper, entire hood, mirrors, and entire front fenders. Anything else is a bonus. I didn't have anything past the front fender or doors on either car, and I didn't take many 'hits'.

Thanks. Any close up pics?

I wish the previous owner had done this. He did wheels, exhaust but forgot to bra it. There is one chip that is touched up but better late than never I guess.

Do you need to remove wax first? I am guessing a good installer will prep the surface properly.

a good clear bra job is full piece panels on front end. full fenders, full hood, full bumper. done in one piece each sections, no lines, edges wrapped. id take pics of mine but you would not be able to see it.

How'd they wrap between bumper and fender?

Thx.

Maybe pics of what NOT to do would be better examples. Share pics of something that should have been done differently. You are right, if it is a good job, the pic will be useless!

Also door sills, and I did in back of the rear wheels which pick up a lot of stuff...

i did as well. but i didnt do the full body panel. there is a line there and half way up the sides of my rear bumper, but still very unoticeable

I dont know how he wrapped, but car was car not dissembled. call 3m directly and get the their top guy who deals with exotics. dont be afraid to pay extra for the right installer to travel to you. 3m application is an art form and ive seen some piss poor jobs

I have not seen a bumper taken off to wrap it. I am planning to do mine also. The edge of the wrap will stop at where the front bumper stops. You can not wrap the edges, without removing the bumper, a huge and expensive task, but do-able if $$ ifs of no concern.

Rear side intake leading edges also catch rocks. Do these in maybe 1" wide strips only.

You want a pic? Just photo your car without the wrap, and tell them that is how you want the finished job to look like!

• 4 weeks later...

Did you guys do a full custom job or start with a precut film. Sounds like the ProForm pieces are pretty good. Razor blades and paint sounds dangerous to me.