Smell of Petrol in Cabin

cablesurge

I am driving an 07 Spyder. Under normal driving conditions, when i change gears at 3000rpm, it is perfectly fine. However, when i rev it to around 7000-8000rpm, i can smell a strong stench of petrol in my cabin. Not sure if it is the smell from the exhaust that is penetrating into the cabin.

There have been no signs of leaks under my car whatsoever. All the hoses seem to be in place.

Is this normal?

I am driving an 07 Spyder. Under normal driving conditions, when i change gears at 3000rpm, it is perfectly fine. However, when i rev it to around 7000-8000rpm, i can smell a strong stench of petrol in my cabin. Not sure if it is the smell from the exhaust that is penetrating into the cabin.

There have been no signs of leaks under my car whatsoever. All the hoses seem to be in place.

Is this normal?

i have a 07 also and have never experienced this, so i would say that it is not normal.

Check the obvious if you have not already, check the fuel cap, check the ground for leask, check the engine compartment for leaks.

Like others said if it still smells like fuel, do not drive it and have it taken to a dealer.

I have never smelt fuel fumes in my Spyder

I dont smell fuel when I drive my gallardo harder than normal, but I do smell something burning. Is this normal or is this a cause for concern? I do not smell gas, but I do smell the burning smell of the engine. Please let me know guys. Thanks!

I dont smell fuel when I drive my gallardo harder than normal, but I do smell something burning. Is this normal or is this a cause for concern? I do not smell gas, but I do smell the burning smell of the engine. Please let me know guys. Thanks!

Often this is the smell of your clutch burning....Where in the engine, and what does it smell like. Wires, oil, clutch, gas or what?