Grills again.. need help from someone with grill like this-

Andrew R.

Quite a few people told me this grill would work on my 94 vt, I have no reason to question them, but I got got a message from someone saying that it wont fit... but, it looks like its a perfect fit from the pictures:

Two questions..

-Can someone with this style grill take some rough dimentions of it? (my 94 grill frame is roughly 42.25" wide along the top, 40.75" wide along the bottom and 5.25" tall)

-Are the grills in these two pictures different? Looking at the body lines, the red one appears to be wider or something...

This is the one that appears to be a perfect match:

1999_vt.jpg

This appears to be different (look at the body piece that is where the wing would be mounted), is that OEM, or a custom mod?:

red_diablo.jpg

Just want to triple check that this mod will work....I expect mounting modifications, but I want to make sure it fits the grill space... hate to spend almost a 1k on it and it turn out to be a mess....

THANKS GUYS!!

I'm the guilty party who sent the email :finga:

I want to do it also... but Tony P, who has had more Lambo's than anyone I know, told me he tried that and it would not fit without changing tail lights...

He's pretty good..hope he's wrong...Agree with Andrew...It looks like it will fit.

There is only one way to find out...wondering if the dealer would allow you to return the part if it was undamaged and did not fit?

Cool - similar to a 6.0 grill.... But I'm leaning toward the VT grill...just a matter of personal taste (or my lack there of..:)

I'm the guilty party who sent the email :finga:  

I want to do it also... but Tony P, who has had more Lambo's than anyone I know, told me he tried that and it would not fit without changing tail lights...

He's pretty good..hope he's wrong...Agree with Andrew...It looks like it will fit.

There is only one way to find out...wondering if the dealer would allow you to return the part if it was undamaged and did not fit?

Your friend is wrong, he is thinking of the 6.0 rear grill, which you would need to change the lights for.

And also, you could actually get that from a kit car manufacturer. It is just flimsy metal anyway if you want to save money.

I had thought about getting it from a replica guy, but the guy at please check with our franchised lamborghini dealer sponsors told me that I would have fit-up trouble with a replica part, he said he tried one on his own car. The replica guy told me it is an exact match however.

Anybody had any experience with the guy at lambo stuff? My experience so far is that he has quoted me above retail on every part I have asked him about. His price compared to what the dealer told me was retail anyway.

OK here we go... I'm calling my guy again at 10am... Let me make sure. BTW I can get 25% off dealer pricing. Don't know about a kit car product, you always have to do some mods and what about return policy from him vs dealer if it does not work...at worst, dealer will just charge a restocking fee.

Allan - I can easily make a 6.0 grill. Made a challenge grill for the 355 and have the same material left over. What's nice about that is the back up lights could stay in place (behind the grill) and at least you would have some back up lights, even though they would not be very bright behind the grill. But I just like the VT grill better.

I'm not afraid to pull the trigger on a deal today. Won't mount it until end of April, after concours season ends.

I will also call Ultimate for a price because I need to order a relay from them today.

All of the dealers I have talked to said no returns on special orders from Lamborghini... Wondering if all the dealers are like that?

Allan-

Yeah, I think I already found somewhere to get my parts from on this... but it wont hurt to see what your guy can do... if you talk to your guy today these are the part numbers L Diablo and I are talking about:

0066004330 Rear Grill

009430159 Net Under Rear Grill

0094004127 VT badge

0094004121 Lamborghini Script 8 Inch

0094004122 Item Lamborghini Bull Badge

Also, if you dont mind... how much that GT grill would cost... you have me questioning which I like better...hahhahah

Not sure what kind of pricing you can get.. I too have a guy that is pretty good to me on pricing, if I remember correctly, he told me a little over $900 for all of the above.

Andrew - Ultimate Motors (Lambo Orlando) has all items in stock - I'm not in a hurry because won't do until after concours... Also I have to figure out the back up lights... I really want to keep them.. 407-339-3443. Speak to "Mika".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I use to manufacture that particular grill and still have one or 2 left. You will need to make mounting brackets for them to fit. I retrofitted an old 91 I had with the grill and did not have to change out the lights. The grills we manufactured were copied from an original set but we made some changes so they didn't rattle around by welding them together instead of punching them together.