Adding Satellite Radio to LP560?

jkrutch

Hey guys, sorry if this is a repost, but my search was worthless. I am back in the Lambo saddle after a 2 year hiatus. I just picked up a Giallo Midas LP560 coupe. What a crazy difference from my '05. I'll get some pics up soon. I was wondering if it is feasible to add satellite radio? By feasible, I mean not doing any crazy installs with an external antenna, etc. I do have the ipod adapter on my car.

As much as I love the sound of the motor and exhaust, there are times that it would be cool to have sat radio again. I guess the GT-R softened me up a bit. Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thx.

I'm interested in this, my one loses signal all the time on radio stations that i don't have a problem getting in any other car, very annoying.

I'm interested in this, my one loses signal all the time on radio stations that i don't have a problem getting in any other car, very annoying.

The radio stations in South Florida are terrible and even though I have an ipod, I get tired of the same music over and over again. It's great for the gym though. That said, I love the rock stations on XM/Sirius like Hair Nation. I'm stuck in the 90s...lol.

I can't live without XM. On my 04 Gallardo, I had an aftermarket head unit installed with all the stuff (XM, Bluetooth, Rear Cam, etc...)

On my 09 LP, it had all the above, with the exception of XM.

I didn't want to change the head unit since I am really happy with the look of the stock unit. I have an XM Inno with wireless FM modulator that I use in my garage, so I made a mounting bracket, and mounted it kind of under the dash to the left of my left leg (under that cubby hole). It's out of the way enough, and it works perfect.

I ran the antenna up, and it's mounted on top of the rear view mirror arm. It's totally out of view unless I pointed it out to you. And above that arm, the glass is black, so you can't see it from outside.

I'm satisfied with my install. I tried going to the local stereo shops, but they didn't have many alternatives. If we had bought 2010 lambos, it would have come with a lifetime subscription to Sirius. Grrr...

I can't live without XM. On my 04 Gallardo, I had an aftermarket head unit installed with all the stuff (XM, Bluetooth, Rear Cam, etc...)

On my 09 LP, it had all the above, with the exception of XM.

I didn't want to change the head unit since I am really happy with the look of the stock unit. I have an XM Inno with wireless FM modulator that I use in my garage, so I made a mounting bracket, and mounted it kind of under the dash to the left of my left leg (under that cubby hole). It's out of the way enough, and it works perfect.

I ran the antenna up, and it's mounted on top of the rear view mirror arm. It's totally out of view unless I pointed it out to you. And above that arm, the glass is black, so you can't see it from outside.

I'm satisfied with my install. I tried going to the local stereo shops, but they didn't have many alternatives. If we had bought 2010 lambos, it would have come with a lifetime subscription to Sirius. Grrr...

Please post pics of the install. That would be a huge help since I will probably try to dupe your setup. TIA!

As for 2010 LP-560's...up until now there are NO non-Balboni coupes out there (except one in Bellevue). I was made to believe there wouldn't be any for 2010 except special orders. I need XM!

Here you go...The flash really amplifies the antenna - but when you are in the car, you really can't see it at all.

XMInstall_001.jpg

XMInstall_004.jpg

XMInstall_007.jpg

XMInstall_009.jpg

Thanks VERY much for the photos. The install is very clean and I can tell that nothing is noticeable when sitting in the car. A few questions - How simple are channel changes? Where is the FM modulator (or is it built into the receiver)? How is the receiver getting power? Thanks man! Very cool....

Thanks VERY much for the photos. The install is very clean and I can tell that nothing is noticeable when sitting in the car. A few questions - How simple are channel changes? Where is the FM modulator (or is it built into the receiver)? How is the receiver getting power? Thanks man! Very cool....

The FM modulator is built into the unit. Channel changes aren't bad. I only listen to 4 stations mostly, so I have them in my favorites, just have to press up or down. (The Inno unit also comes with a remote control that you could use, but I fell like it's just something else I have to keep in the car). I can also see the display through the lower part of the steering wheel as I'm driving (I didn't plan that, it just kind of worked out).

I powered it from the fuesbox under the passenger footrest (came off the fuse for the cigarette lighter), ran the wire over to the unit. Pretty simple. Took me about 3 hours to complete everything, and it works prefect. I don't experience any static or distortion at all from the FM modulator - sounds as good as any radio station as far as my ears can tell.

The FM modulator is built into the unit. Channel changes aren't bad. I only listen to 4 stations mostly, so I have them in my favorites, just have to press up or down. (The Inno unit also comes with a remote control that you could use, but I fell like it's just something else I have to keep in the car). I can also see the display through the lower part of the steering wheel as I'm driving (I didn't plan that, it just kind of worked out).

I powered it from the fuesbox under the passenger footrest (came off the fuse for the cigarette lighter), ran the wire over to the unit. Pretty simple. Took me about 3 hours to complete everything, and it works prefect. I don't experience any static or distortion at all from the FM modulator - sounds as good as any radio station as far as my ears can tell.

Thanks again. I will definitley put this info to good use!

• 2 weeks later...
off topic krutch ..u owned a gtr ...did u like the car?

Liked it very much for the $. Fun to drive, no worries about where to park, not ostentatious to bring to meetings, etc. Overall a great car.

Liked it very much for the $. Fun to drive, no worries about where to park, not ostentatious to bring to meetings, etc. Overall a great car.

thanks krutch for your input