03 Murci Dashboard light

LamboJoe

Hey guys

quick question i had a light come on briefly then shut off it was a red light from the bottom right corner

it was a Red circle with little triangles around it looks like the sun but in red i think that's the brake pads but not sure.

if it is the pads how much should they cost

any help i would appreciate it

Regards

Joey

Hey guys

quick question i had a light come on briefly then shut off it was a red light from the bottom right corner

it was a Red circle with little triangles around it looks like the sun but in red i think that's the brake pads but not sure.

if it is the pads how much should they cost

any help i would appreciate it

Regards

Joey

that would be the brake pad warning light, from the factory they run around $1200.I hope this helps out?

that would be the brake pad warning light, from the factory they run around $1200.I hope this helps out?

would that be 1200 installed for the pads ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I did this one time on a vehicle that had steel cross drilled vented rotors, and had a huge problem with effective braking (i.e. I almost wrecked first time out) This was a SC Full Sized range rover and I thought I read somewhere that a certain temperature has to be reached for CC pads to be effective as they are so hard (effectively glass) and work only truly well when mated with CC rotors also. So to the previous poster, other than low dust and a squeal here and there have you noticed any improvement in actual braking performance? (I am assuming from your picture that your rotors are steel)

Best,

Whisky

• 5 years later...
I purchased after market low dust pads for a few hundred dollars and no more dirty wheels.

I just had the same light come on and it isn't turning off- any feel for what new set of pads installed runs? I'm assuming this should be done at the dealership not 3rd party?

I just had the same light come on and it isn't turning off- any feel for what new set of pads installed runs? I'm assuming this should be done at the dealership not 3rd party?

I think the pads are listed on the parts sites for $1000/axle and the rotors are something like $3000/axle. There's a good chance they will try to sell you a new set of rotors. So I would guess at the dealer you're looking at close to $10K before you get out of there.

I did the dustless ceramic pads that save the rotors from wear and don't squeal for about $33/axle, and my rotors are still well within spec, so it will be a while before I need new ones. $66 vs $10K. Hmm.

I think the pads are listed on the parts sites for $1000/axle and the rotors are something like $3000/axle. There's a good chance they will try to sell you a new set of rotors. So I would guess at the dealer you're looking at close to $10K before you get out of there.

I did the dustless ceramic pads that save the rotors from wear and don't squeal for about $33/axle, and my rotors are still well within spec, so it will be a while before I need new ones. $66 vs $10K. Hmm.

What pads did you use?

I noticed that just accidentally bumping my parking break lever would make my brake light go on and off LOL. I was driving down th road and it would flash rapidly, than stop.......than do it again. My lever was really loose and every bump I hit was making my brake light flash LOL

I noticed that just accidentally bumping my parking break lever would make my brake light go on and off LOL. I was driving down th road and it would flash rapidly, than stop.......than do it again. My lever was really loose and every bump I hit was making my brake light flash LOL

I need to make sure that my hand brake lever is pushed fully home when releasing it or mine will do the same.