mini Countach on Craigslist

wbnemo1

Tires should be little problem, it's not having the wheel that's the problem.

Tires should be little problem, it's not having the wheel that's the problem.

I called just to find out a little more. He said he does have the 4th wheel, but it's torn up and unusuable so someone would have to either cast from the other wheel or make new wheels. It is gasoline powered but the engine is shot. It's not the one (according to the owner) that was at FAO schwartz, but a larger version than that. The picture of the 'engine bay' has a serial number from the original build.

It'd be a cool project for someone with the time/skills.

I wonder what types of speeds that thing is capable of and how many horsepower that engine has. If I had any fabricating skills whatsoever and the time and money that would be a blast to build!

I wonder what types of speeds that thing is capable of and how many horsepower that engine has. If I had any fabricating skills whatsoever and the time and money that would be a blast to build!

The guy said 60mph, but I'm sure you could get more. I think the whole engine needs to be rebuilt and you could add a TT setup at the time :)

I called just to find out a little more. He said he does have the 4th wheel, but it's torn up and unusuable so someone would have to either cast from the other wheel or make new wheels. It is gasoline powered but the engine is shot. It's not the one (according to the owner) that was at FAO schwartz, but a larger version than that. The picture of the 'engine bay' has a serial number from the original build.

It'd be a cool project for someone with the time/skills.

What's the price??????

The add says 7000 US dollars.

I could see 7K if it was in working order but that rough, but in the condition it's in I wouldn't give more the 2.5-3 K for it.

I agree. Then you have to deal with how to ship and how much.

Looking at it more, it looks to be the size of a kitcar. Something weird about it.

Where the heck can you drive it?

• 3 weeks later...

I've got an old magazine featuring a special "mini-Testarossa vs mini-Countach duel" with two 12 yr olds doing the driving, I'd never been so jealous!

there were apparenty two engine variants, the High power units could apparently do 80mph...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I've got an old magazine featuring a special "mini-Testarossa vs mini-Countach duel" with two 12 yr olds doing the driving, I'd never been so jealous!

there were apparenty two engine variants, the High power units could apparently do 80mph...

I saw your post about your old magazine with the mini countach and testarossa. Could you possibly scan it for me and emaill me a copy ? I would glady pay you for a copy or the original. Mark . my direct email is [email protected]

I find it funny that these tiny models are often more detailed and closer to the original than some of the full scale kit cars out there.

Krat, you might have better luck trying to PM or email these guys through the boards, both of these threads are pretty old.