How much TT power in the SPYDER is OK?

txturbo

I have a new toy, 06 Gallardo SPYDER.

I am wondering what the maximum power in a TT kit would be in the Spyder version.

Is anyone running the 1000HP+ set up?

My car is not even here yet and I can't wait to modify it!

New Electronics/ Boost Management:

When getting the 1000 whp pump gas option. That being said you have 1000 whp in every gear, 1-6. With the new Motec ECU setup we can now do boost by gear with the E gear. It as been available on the 6 speed Gallardo's for a while and now we have it working in the E gears Gallardo's which is even better.

What we can do is set the power/boost level where we want by gear ratio "not mph" which will not be accurate due to wheel spin so the boost by gear ratio has always been the way to go. So for instance we can set the car up to be..... for example 700 whp in 1st gear, 800 in 2nd gear, 900 in 3rd and 1000 whp in 4th. With the straight 1000 whp in the lower gears you will have to do some feathering but with the boost by gear set up it is a lot more manageable esp with the E gear ;-) Don't get me wrong here, If you guys don't want this you will still love the TT Gallardo's without it. With boost by gear you can just pretty much flat foot it and just pull the paddles ;-)

New Electronics/ Boost Management:

When getting the 1000 whp pump gas option. That being said you have 1000 whp in every gear, 1-6. With the new Motec ECU setup we can now do boost by gear with the E gear. It as been available on the 6 speed Gallardo's for a while and now we have it working in the E gears Gallardo's which is even better.

What we can do is set the power/boost level where we want by gear ratio "not mph" which will not be accurate due to wheel spin so the boost by gear ratio has always been the way to go. So for instance we can set the car up to be..... for example 700 whp in 1st gear, 800 in 2nd gear, 900 in 3rd and 1000 whp in 4th. With the straight 1000 whp in the lower gears you will have to do some feathering but with the boost by gear set up it is a lot more manageable esp with the E gear ;-) Don't get me wrong here, If you guys don't want this you will still love the TT Gallardo's without it. With boost by gear you can just pretty much flat foot it and just pull the paddles ;-)

"flat foot it and just pull the paddles" Sounds intoxicating. :icon_super:

Can the e-gear clutch actually take the 1000bhp? does this mean that the clutch would wear out way quicker than a standard car? this is insane!!! sounds exciting!

always thought that the TT were meant more for the manual ones.

Hey TX Turbo. I'm glad you made your decision to go with Underground. I made the same decision today as well. In fact, when my Gallardo was getting loaded on the transport, your spider was on the same truck heading to Underground. There was also a LP-640 and an Audi R8 too. Looks like Underground sure is getting a lot of vehicles in one truck load. I can't wait to get mine back. I'm really looking forward to the 1000hp on pump gas (stage 2).

• 1 month later...
always thought that the TT were meant more for the manual ones.

Not anymore. The E gear has the Gallardo record at the mile with a 250.1 :eusa_dance: but the record might not hold up long. Should get some good results out of the 6 speed LP 560 we are taking to the next mile event.