Installing back up camera on my Diablo

dallas

Hi guys, I want to put a back up camera on my 92 Diablo. Does anyone know if there is a hole already in the firewall behind my seats that I can run the wire from the deck through to the engine compartment and to the back of the car where the camera is mounted? I am thinking that I might have to drill a hole in the firewall to get the cable through. Thanks in advance for any help.

Dallas

I can't check now, but I think mine is using an existing hole, somewhere on the right hand side behind or very close the side cover (a '92 does not have these maybe?).

Here is the camera, I will have to remove the sub woofer box to get the other pic. I made the hole right down in the bottom corner after removing the box from behind the seat. There is an existing hole there that can be used as well but it was sealed well and I didnt want to mess with it. I made a box to surround the camera to keep it from getting too hot in the exhaust area and to protect the wire.

Camera.jpg

This is the best pic I found, you see the camera cable, and where it disappears behind the engine it enters the firewall. There should be some cables allready going through there, and squeezing another one in should be doable. (This might be a bit different on a '92, I don't know).

Lamboservice_027.jpg

I don't know if you have bought a camera yet, but the ones integrated on the plate holder are really nice and quite hidden. And there's actually a small separate room right behind where my camera is, where you can pull the cables through and out to where the fan is, which makes it shielded from the exhaust. You'll see it easy when you take off the grills.

heatshield.jpg

Thanks for the pictures and all the help you guys. Placid my camera is exactly like yours and mounts to the licence plate frame. I will drill a hole on the firewall as mine does not have any existing holes that I can see. Thanks again for the help.

Dallas

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...