How important is front end lift system if looking at '04 vs '05?

chay4

Do you '05+ owners actually use the system much? Is it that much of a detriment to you '04 owners? Is it reliable and is it expensive to repair when it isn't?

I use it almost religiously whether I need to or not coming out of parking lots. Definitely inspires more confidence. I would opt for it.

I have an 04 without the lift. I am careful to approach steep driveways at a slight angle so I don't scrape the front.

There is a metal strip under the front of the car that is bolted on. It gets scraped a little if there is a clearance problem. You won't scrape a painted surface unless you are extremely careless. So I agree it is a nice feature, but it's not a deal killer unless you have to drive in NYC.

I mean, it really depends on where you live. San Fran no brainer. I would venture to guess that for the majority of Lambo owners that have a lift, they would agree it's worth the price difference. It's one less thing to worry about which in my book goes a long way.

I rarely use it, The car is really not that low. If you are use to driving sports cars and know how to take things at at angle you will be fine. My 911 is a little lower and it's my daily driver.

As others have stated, depends on where you live. In Ohio you cannot live without it, the DOT has no one who understands how to make a smooth road, entry or intersection.

I have skidplates on my 04 when it drags, lift is more weight to the car and something else to break down the road...

I had an 04 without, now I have an LP560 with it...

When I had the 04, I wished I had the lift....Now that I have it, I hardly use it. Maybe I've become aware of the places that are too steep, or now I know how to approach inclines so it doesn't scrape.

Don't let it be a deal breaker for the car you're looking for...These cars are not as low as some of the others I've had, so you should be able to get by without it.

Also, note that the 05's used a different style of lift mechanism than the later cars. They improved it in 06. And as others have stated, if something goes wrong with the lift system, it can be very expensive to fix.

Do you '05+ owners actually use the system much? Is it that much of a detriment to you '04 owners? Is it reliable and is it expensive to repair when it isn't?

KW SUSPENSION has a kit for coil over suspension without lift system. check out the link.

K&W Lifting Suspension

Does anyone have a part number for a gallardo? My '05 (in Australia) does not have a lift system... Thanx!

cheers,

richie

These are O.E.M. Part Numbers for '04 to early '05

You would have to see which O.E.M. Shock Absorber your vehicle came with.

400412019A SHOCK ABSORBER

400412019B STD SHOCK ABSORBER

400412019C SPORT SHOCK ABSORBER

400412031A SHOCK ABSORBER

400412031B SHOCK ABSORBER

400412031C SHOCK ABSORBER

K&W currently does not provide an exact O.E. fit kit. They offer the Variant 3 kit with the Hydraulic Lift System (HLS) option.

I went with a 04 because it did not have it, and it was the lightest of all the Gallardo's, I own cars that a lower and have learned to angle into hard areas. I'm sure in some areas you need it, but not where I live.

I do not use it all. BUt I do not have one fitted :) My ferrari is lower as it scrapes on my garage floor. I live on an incline. The lambo drives straight in no worries.

I had an 04 without, now I have an LP560 with it...

When I had the 04, I wished I had the lift....Now that I have it, I hardly use it. Maybe I've become aware of the places that are too steep, or now I know how to approach inclines so it doesn't scrape.

Don't let it be a deal breaker for the car you're looking for...These cars are not as low as some of the others I've had, so you should be able to get by without it.

Also, note that the 05's used a different style of lift mechanism than the later cars. They improved it in 06. And as others have stated, if something goes wrong with the lift system, it can be very expensive to fix.

Same here. I didn't have it on my 04 G, wish I did. Had it on my 02 Murc, hardly ever used it but had to fix it a few times.

I put a strip of the soft velcro underneath my G's bumper, and it seemed to take the majority of hits. I think a few people have had success with skid plates. I had plates on my 360, they work well.