LP560 Standard Exhaust

topjay

Got a chance to look at one of these quickly today so took some pics (phone + torch, which is why the're not great) & we weighed it as I thought it was interesting.

It’s still a bit old school!

Weight: 30kg

IMAG0173.jpg

IMAG0174.jpg

IMAG0179.jpg

IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg

It's a lot lighter than the pre-LP Gallardo stock exhausts!

My 06 system weighed at 64.05 including the 10 pound heat shield.

It's a lot lighter than the pre-LP Gallardo stock exhausts!

My 06 system weighed at 64.05 including the 10 pound heat shield.

Uhhh...30kg is ~66lbs.

Uhhh...30kg is ~66lbs.

Whoops! Misread, I had assumed it was pounds when looking at the scale. In that case, it's heavier ...

That's a disgusting piece of engineering. You would expect more from the likes of Lambo. I thought they would have improved from the last G but this is still horrible. & 30kg ffs!

That's a disgusting piece of engineering. You would expect more from the likes of Lambo. I thought they would have improved from the last G but this is still horrible. & 30kg ffs!

+1

Can't believe they have used vast amounts of CF on the 570 SL to lose 70kg when its still wearing one of these!

Views on the best aftermarket system for the 560/570?

I think the exhaust has to be the way it is in order to comply with the noise and emissions, they know that it is the first piece that goes :icon_mrgreen:

they sent pic last night to my email for the new Exhaust system 6600$ (lambo factory)

but still I saw the orange lp (with flame) i will buy that system.. or tubi !

they sent pic last night to my email for the new Exhaust system 6600$ (lambo factory)

but still I saw the orange lp (with flame) i will buy that system.. or tubi !

Do you mean Lamborghini has a OEM sportexhaust for the LP560?

topjay..

No.. I have the email from the manager !! its OEM sportexhaust

whats tubi price??

It's just the mounting brackets are very distinctive & unusual, i'm not necessarily doubting you, just saying they look very similar to tubi.

Tubi over here (uk) were around £2500 when i got a quote a few months ago, here's the picture they sent:-

LP_560_exhaust__4_.jpg.

If anyone wants to try having the valves open all the time it is very easy to do on the 560 and does not seem to produce any cel.

You can also buy a wirless controller from cargraphic or capristo to open them fully at will, its also a reasonably easy install, just a couple of wires and changing the connector.

To open the valves fully just remove the plug from the solenoid controlling them.

Steps:

1 open engine bay

2 remove the plastic sheet/cover just above the exhaust, its held on with about 6 half turn screws.

3 remove right side panel cover, 4 screws, bit more tricky as the gas strut runs through it. This stage might not be necessary if you can get your hand under it.

4 locate solenoid on far right and nearest to you, looks almost like a T peice, you can see the vacuum hoses going in to it.

5 remove plug from solenoid, its on the left hand side of solenoid and locking clip is underneath where it plugs in.

6 seal up connectors to avoid moisture & cable tie wire to stop it moving about.

7 Put pannels back on

I remember somebody posting a video a while ago but can't find it :(

Heres a Youtube one :headbang:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

I'm going to start a new thread with my thoughts as i'm away at the moment, but until then here is a sneak preview of somehing that works better than the factory unit being replaced. Straight pipes or through the muffler on a valve, works the same as the factory unit but with the addition of a manual overide to open the valves at any rpm. Not really tried it yet but with valves open its very loud but has a bit of resonance low end, closed its quite quiet till the valves open. Car seems a little more responsive also. New weight 12 kg

I don't reckon it will be for everyone as it changes the character of the car but it does now sound like you would expect a supercar to.

I also actually think lambo did a pretty good job on the original unit sound level & pitch for most people, what let them down was the weight & material its made of that is.

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

That looks more like it Jay...Clean simple design with minimal surface area. Are you gonna dyno it after the install bud?

When you say "changes the character of the car" How so?

It's a capristo, i just couldn't wait any longer for someone to bring one out, I reckon it’s the best of what is currently available, it also fits better than the original.

Rix, before the car was almost a cruiser even in sports mode, you could hear all the little noises from the engine and belts, etc which was nice but make it all feel all very controlled/reliable, well built, but it just didn't scream supercar at you. That said I think the setup is almost perfect if you use the car as a dd or if you are perhaps a little older.

For example when you started the car at the filling station people are all looking at you and when it starts up there is a second of noise then the valves close & people look almost disappointed as it runs probably more quietly than a nor mal car, same goes when just idling along cruising.

Now you don't have to rev the nuts of it to get some sound, valves closed its slightly louder than stock & open its very loud as it is literally is just a straight length of pipe of the cat.

It has immediately made the car more noticeable, went out in it today and now people seem much more impressed. Before people just looked excited but today I got about 10 thumbs up in it, so it definitely attracts a lot more positive attention.

I don’t think it’s the perfect system as its wrong in exactly the opposite way to what was wrong with the original system for me. It's too loud at times even in quiet mode as the valves still open at c4000 rpm whereas the original needed to be louder in sports especially at the bottom end. I think lambo are missing a trick not having an override switch for the valves to keep them open as it would greatly assist the situation, if I ever go back to the original I will definitely be keeping the valve controller.

This is not a system for a residential area, luckily i live in house that has no neighbours but if you live in a residential street the neighbours will hate you. It works exactly the same as the original in that the car is loud on start-up until it has warmed up (the valves are open then) the new system does the same and it is silly loud and it’s probably my main criticism as it's already pissing me off. If it's warm it is fine though, luckily, shouldn’t be as bad in summer though.

I think someone needs to make a system with 2 sets of valves, muffler with valves similar to the original and a second set of valves with a remote for a muffler bypass pipe (in a perfect world).

I've not really had it long enough to provide a fair assesment yet so the jury is still out.

No plans to dyno it as my attempt to do it originally was not overly successful so I don't think there would be any point, it feels more responsive, in terms of gains it might have a little more at the top end and a little less at the bottom end with the valves full open but not really enough to even notice either way although there is allegedly a 25 hp gain.