No more manual transmissions?

Gilligan740

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/29/report-...-no-forced-ind/

Lamborghini has thrown the motoring world a curve ball with a report that Sant'#### will be leaving manual transmissions to the dinosaurs, just like Ferrari. According to Car and Driver, the decision was part of the company's commitment to increasing the overall fuel economy of its products – something the Raging Bull really hasn't had to bother with in the past. In addition to scrapping the third pedal, the company says it plans to build ever-lighter exotics, which means you can bet your pants there will be even more carbon fiber in Lambo's future line-up.

Don't expect to see any turbocharged Gallardos in the next few years, though. While automakers around the world may be strapping forced induction to their engines as a way to curb fuel consumption and maintain power, Lamborghini says it has no interest in playing with the extra psi. Instead, look for stop/start tech and cylinder deactivation to crop up over the next decade, as well as a mild-hybrid car and an E85-capable V10. The times? They are most definitely changing.

So much for Lamborghini being the last manual transmission hold out.

I'd much rather have a turbocharged Lambo than some bullshit stop start system or a hybrid.

It's ok, if Lambo won't turbo their cars I know a guy who does good work.

I thought Ferrari killed off 3-Pedals with the DSG-box in the new California. But they are bringing it to the European market. As everyone has said here in the past, consumer demand will bring it back (or keep it alive).

So much for Lamborghini being the last manual transmission hold out.

I'd much rather have a turbocharged Lambo than some bullshit stop start system or a <gasp> hybrid.

It's ok, if Lambo won't turbo their cars I know a guy who does good work.

:icon_mrgreen:

I thought Ferrari killed off 3-Pedals with the DSG-box in the new California. But they are bringing it to the European market. As everyone has said here in the past, consumer demand will bring it back (or keep it alive).

I'm sure sure if this is 100% accurate on lambo, i very well believe it could be now, i know its true at Ferrari, they sell more e-gear/f1 trans, then manual and that's a rising trend. So sadly on such a low production car the consumer demand is fading away.