Murci tail Lights

Kipper

The tail lights on my 02 Murci often fog up due to moisture getting into the light through small cracks, it appears that this problem is not uncommon

Rather than buy replacement 02 lights, will the lights out of an LP640 bolt straight in. has anyone done this to their early Murci and

what do you think about it. What would i expect to pay for a pair of rear lights if this wes the way to go?

Thanks in advance for your input

The tail lights on my 02 Murci often fog up due to moisture getting into the light through small cracks, it appears that this problem is not uncommon

Rather than buy replacement 02 lights, will the lights out of an LP640 bolt straight in. has anyone done this to their early Murci and

what do you think about it. What would i expect to pay for a pair of rear lights if this wes the way to go?

Thanks in advance for your input

I've made this conversion before on a buddies murci. The 640 lights run about $1400 a piece. There is a thread on the other Lambo forum that details the procedure. Unfortunately, they are not a direct fit application. There is some cutting and rewiring involved. On a scale of 1 (easy) to 10 (hard), I'd say its a 5. When its finished though, it sure does look good. PM for details.

Thanks members for your excellent input,

I will be going down this path, i will start looking for the lights and take notice of any additional comments you may all have

Thanks again Kipper

• 6 years later...

I bump up this old post for a newbie question in the lambo world:

Could you put back the original tail lights in case of sale of the car and is this change will affect the value of the car ?

I bump up this old post for a newbie question in the lambo world:

Could you put back the original tail lights in case of sale of the car and is this change will affect the value of the car ?

Hi Louis,

I carried out the conversion which is really not reversible, you have to cut out a few bits as per the posts by previous owners

I would not want to change them back, i cannot comment on the effects on resale value?

Kipper

I wouldn't imagine the lights to hurt resale since they are OEM and in almost everyones opinion look better... personally I don't like adding parts to a car to make it look like something else... aka a 670 kit on a 6.2 but I have the 640 lights and think they make the car look so much better

Thank you for your advices !

For sure, it's better looking

The question now: to cut or not to cut...

I would cut and no think twice about it. The car will look better, you will enjoy it, and the '02 is definitely not going to drop anymore with or without original tail lights.