35k Miles 03 offered at 100k?

This car was offered to me for 100k. I know its got the miles and what not. Does anyone recognize this one? I understand the current owner bought it in March of this year and is already unloading it, hmmmmm

I am curious to know the dirt on its history.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LAMBORGHINI...=item255c04553c

Wow look at this title record,

Looks like the first owner drove it for 33k miles then it bounced from Auction to Auction house and the miles got all screwed up. What does that mean in real world terms?

The car also has no service history.

________________________________________________________________________________

01/29/2004 68 BLUE BELL, PA Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:59932525)(Lien Reported)

12/13/2007 33,760 EASTERN REGION

02/15/2008 33,568 Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION PA

04/01/2008 33,760 EASTERN REGION Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:59932525)

03/20/2009 34,037 BURBANK, IL Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS FLEET/LEASE

11/24/2009 24,993 SAINT CHARLES, IL

Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:X9328683103)(Lien Reported)

NOT ACTUAL MILES, REMOVED ON LATER TITLE

02/10/2010 SAINT CHARLES, IL

Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:X0041751004)(Lien Reported)

02/10/2010 SAINT CHARLES, IL

Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL

03/08/2010 FL

Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION AS DEALER VEHICLE

03/09/2010 FL

Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION

03/10/2010 FL

Motor Vehicle Dept. ODOMETER READING FROM DMV

03/10/2010 BOCA RATON, FL

Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL

03/12/2010 FL

Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS TRUE MILEAGE UNKNOWN

03/17/2010 SAINT CHARLES, IL

Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:X0076411017)

DUPLICATE/CORRECTED TITLE

03/29/2010 BOCA RATON, FL

Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:0100826045)

TMU at that price is stupid. I would say no more than $75k. I've heard of 02's with miles trading in the $60's, obviously not the best examples.....

Lets play the hypothetical game and see whats left at the end of the day.

Pay 95k, paint it ithaca green the right way.

Drive it and enjoy.

It will wind up a pretty car in good shape but with a history. Has anyone ever done this sort of thing?

Lets play the hypothetical game and see whats left at the end of the day.

Pay 95k, paint it ithaca green the right way.

Drive it and enjoy.

It will wind up a pretty car in good shape but with a history. Has anyone ever done this sort of thing?

That I would not do.. I would drive and enjoy it the way it is, knowing the money you saved.. At most maybe I would do a wrap.. Then again I wouldnt pay 95K.. if it was really in nice shape, just higher miles maybe go 85k, but no way 95 for the car being TMU..

Have you seen the car upclose yet?

Well im supposed to go drive it in a few hours but I'm second guessing the car with the history and all. Supposedly the clutch was replaced, new stainless exhaust and tune up completed recently. I know you can wrap the cars for 2k or so. I have never seen one up close though so I cant be sure what it will look like. Does it save the paint for removal later?

Also, whats TMU stand for?

Well im supposed to go drive it in a few hours but I'm second guessing the car with the history and all. Supposedly the clutch was replaced, new stainless exhaust and tune up completed recently. I know you can wrap the cars for 2k or so. I have never seen one up close though so I cant be sure what it will look like. Does it save the paint for removal later?

Also, whats TMU stand for?

TMU= TRUE MILES UNKNOWN

I would definitely go drive it, make sure everything works.. I think a good wrap is 4K or so.. Yes, it saves the paint, and can be removed at anytime.

No matter what get a thorough ppi by a tech that really knows the cars. Replacement/repair of parts can add up fast. A year ago I had a pearl yellow one owner 30k mile 02 with factory clear bonnet and solid service hx offered at 100. To give you an example of a similar car.

PPI a must! That color is a great color...(I am biased since that is my favorite color). You would be nuts to wrap it or change the color...painting the color would be an idiot move since you might as well put that money to a color you really like and will probably will be in the color you like for the same amount in the end - good paint/clearcoat work is not cheap to do it right.

PPI - at those miles be sure they check the rotors and pads well, just getting new rotor and pads will run you $10k (for all four wheels)!

Good luck!

Well I just got back from driving the car. Long story short, its showing a lot of wear. Cracked hood from someone sitting on it. The interior is badly worn. Buttons are worn down, e-brake boot is a mess along with a good worn down feeling.

Couple all that with no service history and 30k plus miles and I am passing without question.

If anyone is interested they can contact me for more details and possibly save a trip.

PPI a must! That color is a great color...(I am biased since that is my favorite color). You would be nuts to wrap it or change the color...painting the color would be an idiot move since you might as well put that money to a color you really like and will probably will be in the color you like for the same amount in the end - good paint/clearcoat work is not cheap to do it right.

PPI - at those miles be sure they check the rotors and pads well, just getting new rotor and pads will run you $10k (for all four wheels)!

Good luck!

id imagine any Murci in this pice range will be a pile of crap.. Best deal I saw was Rakjoes 04 which sold for 128k.

id imagine any Murci in this pice range will be a pile of crap.. Best deal I saw was Rakjoes 04 which sold for 128k.

One owner no less.