Fitting another Kreissieg exhaust (first one faulty)...pics

BULL DUST

I've had the Kreissieg F1 set up for years (love it) but early on I noticed that it would make a tinny vibration sound at about 2,200rpm.

Initially I thought it was a heat shield touching some part of the car.

Finally I had a dad rev the car to 2,200rpm and I watched out back.

I straight away noticed that I spotted the top part of the muffler vibrating very quickly (like a mating male croc vibrates the water)

I got a bit of wood (no I wasn't excited) and pushed it on to the top of the exhaust.

Straight away it disappeared.

So I know that I had to come up with a way to cancel it out straight away.

I had some header wrap and used it to kill 95% of the bad vibration.

So I let them know of my issues and they send me a new exhaust.

When you bang on the old one it sounds very tinny and empty and the new one more dense.

A few more years go by and I decide to put the new one on.

Pull the ass off and slid the exhaust over the top to find that the pipes don't line up (1" out)....WTF, what a waist of time that was, a year + later and I now have pulled the whole set up off and had a welder make the adjustments to match the up pipes to the new exhaust's downward ends.

Going to put it back on this week..... here's what it looked like.

You can see the exits lengths of the pipes coming out of the old and new exhaust are about 1" different, that's what needed adjusting on the new exhaust for a match up with the lower pipe work.

The lower two pics are of the fixed setup.

Stuart

Exhaust_002.jpg

Exhaust_003.jpg

Exhaust_004.jpg

Exhaust_005.jpg

Exhaust_006.jpg

How long did you have the first system fitted? Over time wadding/baffles in exhausts degrade if they are consistently exposed to high temps or are poor quality. Did you notice the exhaust had gotten any louder over the last few years?

& Can we have more vids of the car plz :P

The Kreissieg build quality, according to Lamborghini Bergen County (who has installed most of the aftermarket exhausts available), is far above anything else. They described the welding as artwork and the overall construction the best they have ever seen by 10 fold. So, I doubt quality is the issue. Not to mention, THE SOUND!! I have never heard anything like it... other than at the F1 race at Monza 2 days ago!! I am still in Italy.

My Gallardo is at Lamborghini Bergen County right now. They recently installed the exhaust. It is there getting a touch up to the clear bra. You could try giving them a ring since, they just did mine 2 weeks ago, and it is right there in front of them.

Best Of Luck!!