Where is the OBDII port for the LP640?

Mike_S

Does anybody know where the OBDII port is for the LP640?

I have this damn irritating airbag light that comes on from time to time. All the dealer does is clear the code each time I take it in and then the car is fine for a few months.

It's a recurring thing, but doesn't affect how the car drives at all.

I was looking at buying this neat gadget, has anybody had any experience at all?

http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/murcielago...y/dp/B00336S7KS

I could just clear the codes myself via my phone, instead of driving 100 miles to the dealer each time.

It sounds like you may need a spiral cable, the OBII port is under the steering wheel to the right.If it pulls a code shoot it over to me and I can tell you what the code is if you want? hope this helps you out.

Does anybody know where the OBDII port is for the LP640?

I have this damn irritating airbag light that comes on from time to time. All the dealer does is clear the code each time I take it in and then the car is fine for a few months.

It's a recurring thing, but doesn't affect how the car drives at all.

I was looking at buying this neat gadget, has anybody had any experience at all?

http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/murcielago...y/dp/B00336S7KS

I could just clear the codes myself via my phone, instead of driving 100 miles to the dealer each time.

OBD port is below the dash on the drivers side. Bring a flashlight and prepare to be uncomfortable for a few minutes while you find it.

I have no experience with the scanner you linked too, but I don't see why it wouldn't clear the codes. Is this a reoccurring issue?

Edit: Somewhat of a stupid question, but if his car is LHD, is the port still to the right of the wheel? I'm genuinely intrigued as I've never really examined the differences between LHD/RHD cars.

It sounds like you may need a spiral cable, the OBII port is under the steering wheel to the right.If it pulls a code shoot it over to me and I can tell you what the code is if you want? hope this helps you out.

Thanks, would you elaborate on what a "spiral cable" is? I'll only know the code once I have that device in my hands :)

OBD port is below the dash on the drivers side. Bring a flashlight and prepare to be uncomfortable for a few minutes while you find it.

I have no experience with the scanner you linked too, but I don't see why it wouldn't clear the codes. Is this a reoccurring issue?

Edit: Somewhat of a stupid question, but if his car is LHD, is the port still to the right of the wheel? I'm genuinely intrigued as I've never really examined the differences between LHD/RHD cars.

I'll check and let you know. It should stick with the drivers side theoretically, but the Italians have been known to be a bit lazy :D

My car is a RHD btw.

I bought MS309 scanner from ebay. It's the best $45 you can spend on diagnotic tool. This scanner not only reads codes, it reads instant data when car is running and displays freeze frame data. It is small and light weight so I can keep it on the car.

You can buy it on ebay and amazon. It's comparable to $200 scanners that are more complex but offers the same functions.

Features

»Works with all 1996 & later OBD2 compliant US, European and Asian vehicles.

»Easily determines the cause of the “Check Engine Light”.

»Retrieves generic (P0, P2, P3, and U0) & manufacturer specific (P1, P3, and U1) codes.

»Turns off Check Engine Light (MIL), clears codes & resets monitors.

»Displays DTC definitions onscreen.

»Views freeze frame data.

»Displays monitor & I/M readiness status (emissions).

»Identifies pending codes.

»Bilingual interface & DTC definitions in English or Spanish.

»Retrieves vehicle information (VIN, CID & CVN).

»Supports CAN (Controller Area Network) & all other current OBD-II protocols.

»Large easy-to-read backlit LCD screen.

»DTC lookup software CD included.

]The spiral coil connects to the drivers side airbag and allows wires to move freely with steering wheel as it moves on column.It could be that since that is most common in Murcie's that we have seen come thru.It is number 1 in the picture

post-7582-1286387852.jpg

]The spiral coil connects to the drivers side airbag and allows wires to move freely with steering wheel as it moves on column.It could be that since that is most common in Murcie's that we have seen come thru.It is number 1 in the picture

Ahhh, it would make sense. I'll raise it with my dealer tomorrow, he should fix it under warranty.

Thank you ocparts! I wish our local dealer was as helpful as you.

PS> so this is a common fault in the Murcie's?

Ahhh, it would make sense. I'll raise it with my dealer tomorrow, he should fix it under warranty.

Thank you ocparts! I wish our local dealer was as helpful as you.

PS> so this is a common fault in the Murcie's?

The tech who handled my PPI said to NEVER adjust the steering wheel while the ignition is OFF and the car is not running. Don't ask me what kind of voodoo this is, but I've avoided the dreaded airbag light by following this advice (apparently my car had the airbag light on before it went into PPI). Something about the wires are a hair too short, resistance, static buildup, etc. None of it makes sense, but it's worked so far and for stuff like this that is good enough for me.

Please do follow up on the iphone diag tool. My pessimistic (realistic?) side suggests it will not work. The LDAS kit that Lambo uses (and other variants) cost upwards of $15k used. I have to believe that Lambo has disconnected the CANBUS or whatever they are using to prevent home users from being able to easily read codes, metrics, and reset lights/codes. Otherwise I imagine there would be a sticky posted on these forums describing what works and what doesn't, and no such post exists as far as I've seen.

@djantlive: You go into a lot of detail about that scanner. But you never actually say that it works on a Lambo of any type. Can you confirm/prove that this scanner works with the Lambo? With the trouble I've had with scanner compatibility on other cars I am always wary of generic claims of compatibility unless someone can show a picture of the device hooked up and working. :)