new lambo owner

ABCLambo

Let me try to explain this....

WE ARE the ADMINISTERS/WEB EXPERTS. At least for a great deal of the functionality of the board and its software.

There are currently ELEVEN different main groups to which a member can be assigned. And Eleven SUB -GROUPS. Changing each group title effects which forums a member can see and what powers they have in that forum (Like whether you can see or post in certain forums, or what power you have in the "backside" of the board where we change the main settings- You have NONE.... Moderators have a LOT... Some Moderators and admins have EVEN MORE than others, because theyve proven they know which buttons to hit without making the internet explode.)

But since my setting as RD allows me to see EVERYTHING.... FRONT, BACK, HIDDEN FORUMS (even the trash can where we throw stupid posts away) If we set up a group to have LIMITED ACCESS (like the limits on new members from POSTING in business etc) to TEST those settings we need another account to do so... You dont want to do those tests on a moderator level account.... WHY?

There have been three occasions where I have hit the WRONG BUTTON on MY OWN ACCOUNT. Effectively BANNING MYSELF (or changing my Password so I couldnt get back in). Major PITA!

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the explanation.

I have zero problems with a moderator/administrator using alternative accounts for that reason. But, as a normal user I never see these issues and only see alternative accounts being used as a way to disguise their posts. For example, Sheriff Bunnell, Abe Froman and possibly Lucifer are all very suspicious members....

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the explanation.

I have zero problems with a moderator/administrator using alternative accounts for that reason. But, as a normal user I never see these issues and only see alternative accounts being used as a way to disguise their posts. For example, Sheriff Bunnell, Abe Froman and possibly Lucifer are all very suspicious members....

I think youre pretty suspicious yourself.

I think youre pretty suspicious yourself.

Hardly. I'm not a lambo owner or extremely well off so theres no reason for me to share my personal cars/house/life.

Hardly. I'm not a lambo owner or extremely well off so theres no reason for me to share my personal cars/house/life.

And the 2010 "Great achievements in Non-Sequiturs award" goes to...

Bunny_with_Pancake.png