Creaking Noises on low speed turns

JohnLP560

I noticed that on my 07 G when I am in a parking garage making low speed turns, it makes creaking noises. Sounds like something in the steering collum. Any idea what it is?

John I need more details.

1. Are you going over bumps while doing slow turns?

2. Noise heard with windows up or down?

3. Does the noise also occurs while a stand still?

Let us know and see if I can help further more.

John I need more details.

1. Are you going over bumps while doing slow turns?

2. Noise heard with windows up or down?

3. Does the noise also occurs while a stand still?

Let us know and see if I can help further more.

No I am not going over any bumps, just slowly driving (1-5mph).

It can be heard with the windows up or down, sounds like it is coming from the steering collum.

Yes the noise does occur in a standstill but not as bad as if the car was going 1-5mph

No I am not going over any bumps, just slowly driving (1-5mph).

It can be heard with the windows up or down, sounds like it is coming from the steering collum.

Yes the noise does occur in a standstill but not as bad as if the car was going 1-5mph

With the car running hit the lifting system button and listen for the same noise. If you hear the noise then you have a concern with a control arm most likely.

I changed many control arms and hubs due to this concern. As long as you are just starting to hear the noise and it is not to load you should be able to get away with finding the control arm and changing it out and be fine.

I have had to work on cars that a hub and all four controls arms needed to be changed.

With the car running hit the lifting system button and listen for the same noise. If you hear the noise then you have a concern with a control arm most likely.

I changed many control arms and hubs due to this concern. As long as you are just starting to hear the noise and it is not to load you should be able to get away with finding the control arm and changing it out and be fine.

I have had to work on cars that a hub and all four controls arms needed to be changed.

Interesting, I will give this a shot. If I remember correctly it doesn't matter if the car is raised or lowered, it still makes the creaking noise.

Interesting, I will give this a shot. If I remember correctly it doesn't matter if the car is raised or lowered, it still makes the creaking noise.

Check as you lift or lower the car in the noise is there. This will help narrowing down the concern.

I have the same problem on my 04 G, it has no lift system.. When I turn the steering wheel to limit while turning a corner slowly, I hear a voice like front wheels htting wheel arches.

I have the same problem on my 04 G, it has no lift system.. When I turn the steering wheel to limit while turning a corner slowly, I hear a voice like front wheels htting wheel arches.

Same here on my 06 G spyder. May be need an alignment?

by creaking sound, does something rubbing or making a "thudding" noise count? i noticed when i back my car out of the driveway, and wheels are turned all the way (one direction or other) it starts to make a "noise" like somethings rubbing...