LP670 Clutch Wear

ContinentalGT

I am being told that a new SV does not come with the clutch at 100% life. I am currently looking at one that has ~1000 miles, with 77% clutch life remaining. I inquired about this, and was told it takes a while for the "clutch to get acclimated with the car" and that this kind of wear is normal.

Can anyone confirm? Am I being fed a line? Are Murci's hard on the clutch? If so, how many miles do most of you average before a replacement?

THANKS!

Joe

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am being told that a new SV does not come with the clutch at 100% life. I am currently looking at one that has ~1000 miles, with 77% clutch life remaining. I inquired about this, and was told it takes a while for the "clutch to get acclimated with the car" and that this kind of wear is normal.

Can anyone confirm? Am I being fed a line? Are Murci's hard on the clutch? If so, how many miles do most of you average before a replacement?

THANKS!

Joe

Someone drove like an idiot for the first 1000 miles.

THANKS!

Joe

The answer is a bit complex. I'll PM you for a chat.

the SV clutch doesn't pick up as easliy as the 570 superleg or 430 ferrari. you need to rev to around 2000 before it grabs. if you sit at 1500 the clutch will just slip. it's very annoying as you sound like you are trying to accelarate hard when you are not. it's even worse on hill starts. the auto brake on the 570 when on a hill is great, wish the SV had this.

the SV clutch doesn't pick up as easliy as the 570 superleg or 430 ferrari. you need to rev to around 2000 before it grabs. if you sit at 1500 the clutch will just slip. it's very annoying as you sound like you are trying to accelarate hard when you are not. it's even worse on hill starts. the auto brake on the 570 when on a hill is great, wish the SV had this.

That slip can be adjusted. Mine is terrific and I can break loose all four wheels with little effort. What I didn't know when I bought the car and what they don't tell you unless you spend time with the service tech is that the car can be adjusted for your particular type of driving. I spent an afternoon with a tech getting it adjusted exactly right for me and it made a huge difference. I'm very happy with the clutch.

That slip can be adjusted. Mine is terrific and I can break loose all four wheels with little effort. What I didn't know when I bought the car and what they don't tell you unless you spend time with the service tech is that the car can be adjusted for your particular type of driving. I spent an afternoon with a tech getting it adjusted exactly right for me and it made a huge difference. I'm very happy with the clutch.

More information required please as those who I am dealing with aren't in the know.

yes, they can adjust the point (rpm) when the clutch bites. I think they can also adjust the speed at which the throttles initialy open (drive by wire) when you hit the peddal so as to make a hard or softer launch.

Russell

• 1 month later...

After getting some good seat time in my SV, I have to agree with scud that the clutch doesn't catch until about 2000 rpm. I will have to bring this up next time I have the car at a dealership.

Overall impression: best drive of my life.

It what is called the PIS value. By changing the PIS value (point of initial slip) the take off RPM can be changed to suit the drivers need. By drooping the PIS reading it will take off at a lower RPM. But like any thing there are draw backs. With a lower RPM take off the car is more inclined to buck when the wheels are turned or if on a hill. With it higher you will get a bit more clutch wear. It must be done with the laptop plugged into the car. You must be at the dealer or the dealer brings the laptop to the car.

It what is called the PIS value. By changing the PIS value (point of initial slip) the take off RPM can be changed to suit the drivers need. By drooping the PIS reading it will take off at a lower RPM. But like any thing there are draw backs. With a lower RPM take off the car is more inclined to buck when the wheels are turned or if on a hill. With it higher you will get a bit more clutch wear. It must be done with the laptop plugged into the car. You must be at the dealer or the dealer brings the laptop to the car.

thanks jefflambo. :icon_thumleft:

With the laptop as long as it has all the PIS values and you know the soft wear it takes just a 1 or 2 min. to make the adj.. First you need to look and note what it is at know. Then go to the PIS values pick the next lower # and click the mose a few times and it done. Then test drive and see if it needs more. PM me if you need more info.

With the laptop as long as it has all the PIS values and you know the soft wear it takes just a 1 or 2 min. to make the adj.. First you need to look and note what it is at know. Then go to the PIS values pick the next lower # and click the mose a few times and it done. Then test drive and see if it needs more. PM me if you need more info.

is the car turned off or running while the adjustment is taking place?

is the car turned off or running while the adjustment is taking place?

It is done with the engine off or on car not moving. Key must be on.

• 1 year later...

So what is the recommended PIS # to prevent unwanted clutch wear? What setting did Tom's green SV get set at, assuming it was done at Bellevue Lamborghini? My car will be arriving in Seattle in about a month, but want Bentley Gold Coast to adjust before shipping.

I don't remember the number. Josh is an excellent mechanic up here and he's managed probably as many SVs as anyone in the country. I'm guessing there are five or six that go to him and the SV is unique, with a smaller clutch, etc. The best way I know how to get the right number is to go out with the mechanic. It's what Josh and I do. We drive around and he gets the setting just right for my driving. It's what I'd strongly recommend. It will be nice to have another SV in the area. What color?

I don't remember the number. Josh is an excellent mechanic up here and he's managed probably as many SVs as anyone in the country. I'm guessing there are five or six that go to him and the SV is unique, with a smaller clutch, etc. The best way I know how to get the right number is to go out with the mechanic. It's what Josh and I do. We drive around and he gets the setting just right for my driving. It's what I'd strongly recommend. It will be nice to have another SV in the area. What color?

Color is Blue Fontus. It will be in the Tri-Cities though. I have Josh's number, put a call into him. Guess I will just have this done when he installs my LNB exhaust.

Yes, that's the one.

Know that car and the former owner well. Drove quite nicely for me! :icon_mrgreen:

Know that car and the former owner well. Drove quite nicely for me! :icon_mrgreen:

Why did he sell it? Did he move up to the Aventador, or to something else? Would love to have his contact info if he would allow it.

Why did he sell it? Did he move up to the Aventador, or to something else? Would love to have his contact info if he would allow it.

Yeah, he traded it on his Aventador. I'll ask him and see if he's OK with that.

Yeah, he traded it on his Aventador. I'll ask him and see if he's OK with that.

Are you the one that traded the Red Performante for a white one at Lamborghini Houston?

31 years old?