The best 3* Michelin Resturant in NY?

vilhelm

i love per se, the menu changes so check the website, you have to call either 2-3 months in advance on the day you want the res. (they do have a tasting menu). Super expensive i went with 4 in total at the end of the night it ended up costing 2k

They do have a wine menu, i'm guessing you said there were 2 asking if they do wine by the glass as well as bottle? i'm not sure if thats what you ment but they do do that

There aren't on 3* but love them anyway

I think my favorite is peter luger, its a steak house and its my favorite restaurant in the city. You have to call in advance but not that far probably a week or two. it is not fancy though so if thats what your going for this isn't it (no tasting menu)

Gramercy tavern is also a top notch resturant. You do have to reserve in advanced im not sure how long (tasting and regular menu if i recall correctly)

I am not a fan of the river cafe.

It has to be a 3 star. I have been to a one and two star in Mandelieu/Cannes (tasting menu on both) but that was with a big group of friends, so next step is 3 star (as there are many in NY) :D

So I need advice on what 3 star that is good in NY. Of course they are all good (they have 3 stars), but I wanted input from LP members. I am sure we have many here that love good dining and go to expensive restaurants frequently.

okay in that case i've only been to 2

masa and per se.

Masa, very good japense food but in my opinion not any better then megu so to me it lost the "3 stary-ness" since i could go to another one which i enjoyed just as much

I highly recommended per se, the service, food, wine all sublime its a must at eat in my book.

Guest SP-superJay

Any 3-star michelin you go to will have what you're looking for...but I cant say too much about the shellfish. Shellfish is considered one of the essentials in fine dining. Every menu is seasonal so it all depends on what time of the year you go. You definitely should figure out when it is you want to go, and make reservations. Per Se and Jean Georges are highly recommended. Per Se, I believe, still ranks in the top 5 restaurants in America...and top 10 in the world. I could be mistaken, but it is highly creditable.

It's said that Thomas Keller has video monitors and cameras in both his Per Se and French Laundry kitchens to keep an eye on things.

Thanks guys! Does Per Se have a wine menu?

yes

wine list

and here check out the website should you want more info on it.

i should disclose though i'm a huge fan of thomas keller, the owner of per se

and to back up what Jay said depending which list you look at its 9 or 10 in the world

Per Se, wine menu, menu changes as noted

Masa, wine menu, tell them your GF has shellfish allergy and they'll leave out anything that could be included.

I haven't been to the others so can't comment. I've been to Per Se once and Masa three times. Masa is ideal for business dinners because you really lock down your guest for a good three hours before all of the courses are finished.

yes

wine list

and here check out the website should you want more info on it.

i should disclose though i'm a huge fan of thomas keller, the owner of per se

and to back up what Jay said depending which list you look at its 9 or 10 in the world

Thanks, I know they have a wine menu. I don't know what you call it over there, but at some resturants you can order a pre-determined wine-by-the-glass for the taster course. Usually runs around 120-180 USD per person.

Thanks for all the help guys. Looks like it will be Per Se :)

Thanks, I know they have a wine menu. I don't know what you call it over there, but at some resturants you can order a pre-determined wine-by-the-glass for the taster course. Usually runs around 120-180 USD per person.

Thanks for all the help guys. Looks like it will be Per Se :)

ah yes i'm pretty sure your talking about what i know as a wine pairing menu, A different glass for every plate or every few plates picked by the restaurant. If that is the case, yes they do have that.

ah yes i'm pretty sure your talking about what i know as a wine pairing menu, A different glass for every plate or every few plates picked by the restaurant. If that is the case, yes they do have that.

Exactly! Thanks man!