IMSA Gallardo GTV - 610hp??

JohnLP560

http://www.lambocars.com/gallardo/gallardo_gtv_by_imsa.html

http://www.dubmag.net/cars/tuning-guides/2...ni-tuning-guide

How did they manage to get another 100hp out of the Gallardo without FI?

They MIGHT could get close to that with additional head work, flash the computer, exhaust and all the other small bolt ons. That's flywheel hp anyways. An '06 to '08 with a tune, exhaust, and filters probably makes 560 hp or so at the flywheel. I did laugh that they call the engines "rather complex" because they really are not. Anyways, we had a pretty solid cylinder head program at my old job that would blow away the factory ported heads that came on these cars, but I don't have any naturally aspirated horsepower back to back comparisons as all the engines were immediately fitted with twin turbos once reassembled...

How did they manage to get another 100hp out of the Gallardo without FI?

Easy one: They didn't.

N/A tuning on these cars is bullshit for the most part. You can make some gains as kilo definitely has, particularly on the 04/05 cars, but even with those you're not going to get even half the increase they claim from the work they list.

Easy one: They didn't.

N/A tuning on these cars is bullshit for the most part. You can make some gains as kilo definitely has, particularly on the 04/05 cars, but even with those you're not going to get even half the increase they claim from the work they list.

Thats what I figured. If they could get that kind of HP, Lamborghini would've already done it in my opinion.

Thats what I figured. If they could get that kind of HP, Lamborghini would've already done it in my opinion.

It's perfectly doable, but drivability suffers.

• 3 months later...