windshield protection

cake

Any advice/suggestion to protect windshield from sandblasting while running at Pocono? Found a couple options on internet. No installers for Clearplex nearby. Found DIY products including "Tear Off Guys".

I helped install Invisible Mask on friend's G (hood, lights...) so I have a good idea of what's involved in protecting paint. Windshield systems look similar. Plan to remove windshield protection after Pocono so temporary is fine. There are single layer products, and peel off in two or four layers (similar to what Nascar uses).

I searched the forum - found one old post but no info. If you can suggest how I should search (if it's already here) - I'll look it up.

I'm a new owner. Awaiting delivery of my 2009 (dealer demo) LP-560-4 balloon white. Will be at Pocono and have seen what the grit did to my friend's G. He also ran his Murci at Infineon last year and got sandblasted. I'd like to preserve my windshield. The dealer has already installed clearmask over the entire front of the car and rear wheel arches.

Thanks

For those who want to know:

red interior

red calipers :)

e-gear, CCB, clear bonnet

cant' wait to get it!

• 4 years later...

Reviving Carols old thread here...I didnt realize Clearplex has been around so long, I have not heard anyone using it. I want to get some protection on my H before I sand blast the windshield...anyone with Clearplex experience?? Being quoted $450 for the H.

Any advice/suggestion to protect windshield from sandblasting while running at Pocono? Found a couple options on internet. No installers for Clearplex nearby. Found DIY products including "Tear Off Guys".

I helped install Invisible Mask on friend's G (hood, lights...) so I have a good idea of what's involved in protecting paint. Windshield systems look similar. Plan to remove windshield protection after Pocono so temporary is fine. There are single layer products, and peel off in two or four layers (similar to what Nascar uses).

I searched the forum - found one old post but no info. If you can suggest how I should search (if it's already here) - I'll look it up.

I'm a new owner. Awaiting delivery of my 2009 (dealer demo) LP-560-4 balloon white. Will be at Pocono and have seen what the grit did to my friend's G. He also ran his Murci at Infineon last year and got sandblasted. I'd like to preserve my windshield. The dealer has already installed clearmask over the entire front of the car and rear wheel arches.

Thanks

For those who want to know:

red interior

red calipers :)

e-gear, CCB, clear bonnet

cant' wait to get it!

A friend just had his GT3 windshield done with Clearplex. He loves it!

The installer is our Xpel Ultimate guy who just began installing Clearplex. My friend's GT3 was the first installation. It went well and the result is great.

If I had need for windshield protection I wouldn't hesitate - but of course much depends on the skill of the installer, so do your homework.

The price sounds about right.

Good luck Adam!

A friend just had his GT3 windshield done with Clearplex. He loves it!

The installer is our Xpel Ultimate guy who just began installing Clearplex. My friend's GT3 was the first installation. It went well and the result is great.

If I had need for windshield protection I wouldn't hesitate - but of course much depends on the skill of the installer, so do your homework.

The price sounds about right.

Good luck Adam!

Hi, thanks for the quick reply and good info!! Im making my Xpel guy start carrying it. The guy is a craftsmen when it comes to this stuff, former hot rod pinstriper with surgeon precise hands....so hoping he can pull it off correctly.

I have had clearplex installed on my LP560 and now on the Huracan. I try and not use my wipers unless there is water on the windshield as the clearplex will scratch. It has saved me from pitting on the windshield. If you drive at high speeds in a group then its a must! I highly recommend it.

I have had clearplex installed on my LP560 and now on the Huracan. I try and not use my wipers unless there is water on the windshield as the clearplex will scratch. It has saved me from pitting on the windshield. If you drive at high speeds in a group then its a must! I highly recommend it.

Someone told me they were in a Clearplex car and the windshield appeared wavey, is this installer error? Being that I try to avoid rain, keeping wiper use down will be easy, I dont recall ever filling my washer fluid in the 560 in 5 years of ownership lol. Also, I frequently groupsex, er group drive...which is why I KNOW I need it :icon_thumleft: THANKS!

My H's windshield glass is being treated with Clearplex as we speak. Hopefully, I'll pick her up this Friday. I'll snap pictures plus comment if I don't like it.

At the time I was looking for windshield protection I was not able to find a local installer. I had a guy meet me at Pocono and he used a "tear off" type product. It was good for up to a year. It had a few bubbles in it and it was a bit wavy but not directly in my line of sight. It was fine for driving. It definitely saved the windshield - but we took it off after a couple years because we felt we no longer needed it and it and it had started to get a little cloudy.

I drove the car through some serious rain storms on the way back from the track, and the windshield performed as though it had nothing on it (wipers were fine - visibility was fine).

At this point all our cars are beyond needing Clearplex for a variety of reasons - but if any receive a new windshield I would absolutely have our guy put on Clearplex. Our xpel guy is also a craftsman and perfectionist. He's done all our cars and I recommend him to lots of folks.

My friend's GT3 installation is perfect. No waves. No bubbles. I think the product we used on our LP560 was a bit thinner and more prone to distortion from waves/bubbles. The clearplex looks great.

The first windshield I had done had a tiny bit of waviness but all the new install's have almost had no flaws. I do change mine every year!