Quality Hip Hop and Rap thread

Rawr

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rob Burgundy
the best song to listen to while smoking some weed.

LOVE that song and I agree

Some of my personal favorites! I can lay any of these tracks down word for word in a way that would make these guys proud ;)

I actually have a pretty cool personal Jay Z story ill have to share some time.

And two of my most recent favorites:

Some of my personal favorites! I can lay any of these tracks down word for word in a way that would make these guys proud ;)

I actually have a pretty cool personal Jay Z story ill have to share some time.

Cool, would like to hear the story sometime!

As for "99 Problems"....great song in original form, but I prefer the Linkin Park mashup more musically:

I have to say I am really impressed with what everyones put so far (for the most part). Who would know the LP community is so musically diverse. :icon_thumleft:

Haha.....will we see threads on classic rock, grunge, '80s, jazz, fusion, '90s r&B? I sure hope so. :)

What's funny about this thread is that for about close to 10 years I was strictly into rap & r&B, and not much outside of it. Luckily I showed up at the right time and took advantage of a strong era.

For the last several years, it's been more about anything but rap. Now it's pretty much "good music = buy".

I've had a lot of catching up to do, and it's been fun. Constantly increasing the CD and record collection, and I'm confident there's many, many years left of good tunes in all genres to keep up with.

Part of the joy of the audiophile hobby is that it re-injects passion into music I've heard a million times.

Anyways...

Back to the topic at hand, a few more albums:

Redman - Whut, Thee Album

The Roots - Do you want more?!?!

2pac - All Eyez On Me

Xzibit - At the speed of life

Pete Rock & CL Smooth - Mecca and the Soul Brother

Thats SOoooooo true. I seriously don't even listen to hip-hop anymore. Very rarely, unless its some of the stuff that's been mentioned. But as far as radio or satellite....garbage, can't stand it. So it's either personal collection (which gets old in itself) or I'm Deadmau5, Plastic City, Timewriter type shit. House, lounge house, deep house. But I digress...Lets stay on base.

I'm still a little lost here....Rawr, what do YOU think is considered Quality Hip Hop and Rap? If you give your criteria to what you believe is quality (beat, lyrics, content, passion, delivery, raw etc etc), then it is a lot easier to find specific albums/songs, new and old, about what you are looking for.

There are a lot of "raw" albums like from Prodigy, Papoose and so forth, but there's nothing else to it. There are others like Rick Ross and Lil Wayne that have amazing beats, then you have lyricists (even then, different types) Ludacris, Talib Kweli, etc etc, i could go on about different artists to have a different thing going for them...but what exactly do you want?

These are some of my favorites:

DMX (hardcore, street, "fcuk you" attitude)

Saigon (insane lyrics with a sick flow and raps about real stuff, not how big his wheels are)

2pac (the hopelessness in his songs and lyrics is something not many rappers can copy)

I also like to listen to alot of other rappers and artist(Ludacris, Dre, Snoop, WC, Too $hort, T.I, etc..) but that's mostly mainstream..

I read lambo power all the time, first post. This video was shot at my house of a local Cleveland rapper Kev Blaze. All cars our my families, my car yellow Zo6, corniche is my mothers the black Phantom my dads red zo6 twin brother. The rest we all drive f430,gt500,e550amg,ss camaro and etc. we were raised on american cars my father owned a few chevy stores but he

loved F cars, had many including F50 and 40. Wish I knew where those cars where now LOL.

Guest Rob Burgundy

^^^ fucks wrong with you lol

you post a rap video with that Fred kid in a thread titled "QUALITY hip hop and rap"?

Major thread derail.

Guest Rob Burgundy
^ lol coming from the guy who posted LIL WAYNE of all artists

Gimme a break. Lil wayne compared to some douchey little high pitched voiced 14 year old? Gay much?

Watched the swiss cheeseke Lee joint "Clockers" for the first time tonight...

The movie starts with this classic I completely forgot about:

This thread is moving along nicely. You guys don't need my participation at all..lol

EDIT: but since I'm here. :icon_mrgreen: What ever happened to this kid? I heard he graduated from Rutgers or Seton Hall or something and that was it...

Little More, :icon_thumleft: keeping it way back for a minute..

REDMAN (one of the greatest ever)

D-Nice

Nice an Smooth (for some reason this was a hit...kooky guys..lol it still works)

Ed OG and The Bulldogs;

PURE EAST COAST CLASSICS!!!

Hmmm....I'm also surprised by the diversity.

Getting us back on track..

Some nice jams here. Lords of the Underground had a nice lil run...

Some nice jams here. Lords of the Underground had a nice lil run...

I know right? They also had a really nice song on the New Jersey Drive soundtrack called "Burn Rubber".

You'll love this video

I LOVE LITTLE BROTHER!

Nice to see you guys keep it going. I will have to take some time and catch up

Here is what I meant, you can play these to anyone, even if they don't listen to rap, and the good chance is they will appreciate it, I think that is my sense of criteria for this thread

• 1 year later...