EXOTICS RACING

NRG x Lambo

friend got me a gift certificate for EXOTICS RACING experience. heading out to fontana speed way on the 15th of May. just registered to race the 458 around the track and combo'd the package with the LP570 Superleggera afterwards! this will be fun/interesting! will take pictures! excited! :icon_mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...

i went to EXOTICS RACING 2 weekends ago. i think it's definitely a fun experience for those who haven't gotten a chance to get behind the wheel of an exotic. i'm sure my experience would have been 10x more exciting prior to owning the gallardo :icon_mrgreen:

the program is well put together. we did 2 "discovery laps" in a Porsche Cayenne GT. the instructor whips us around the track at 60-70 mph to show us all the turns/corners. it was funny as our instructor ended up passing up an F430 on the track. LOL!

i signed up to do 5 laps behind 2 different cars (approximately an $800-1000 package - not sure as it was birthday gift from a friend). so i chose the Ferrari 458 and the LP570 Superleggera. i got a chance to get behind the 570SL first. the car was obviously stunning, and has more of a presence than the standard gallardo. the 458 is an amazing car! shifts so quickly! and really fun around the track!

a lot of people were trying to jump behind the wheel of the LP640 as it was one of the highest HP cars out on the track, but as amateur drivers, no body could get the car around the track very quickly. so majority of people who drove the LP640 drove it mildly at best. i lapped a LP640 in the LP570SL.

the wait time to get into the 458 was long. so i paid for 3 more laps in the F430 SCUDERIA. i was told by one of the instructors that it was the loudest and baddest car around the track. he said the 458 is a better car period. but the scuderia and the 570SL would both be awesome cars to whip around the track. the scuderia by far was the loudest (stock exhaust of course on all cars).

my friend melody from Leg Avenue, took out an R8 (even though she owns one... cause she's too scared to beat hers up first) and had fun behind the wheel. she was quickly lapping some of the LP640 drivers too. LOL!

overall, it was a great day, and a FUN experience. i think that's the bottom line.... it's just FUN! great chance to TRY OUT different cars and see what they're capable of. EXOTICS RACING said they have the AVENTADOR and the MP4-12C in coming later this year! that'll be cool!!!!

Were the instructors in the car good about letting you drive the cars s.p.i.ritedly (obviously if you are being unsafe they will speak up, but did you feel like they kept you back any)? Planning a weekend vaca with wifey and LV is on the short list, this might bump it up the list.