UGR Stage 1 upgrade to Stage 2 Question

saxguy

I know that the reason the engine is rebuilt for stage 2 is to protect against excessive stress on critical engine components. If I were to drive a Stage 1 car for a year and then have it upgraded to Stage 2 would all potentially "stressed" components be replaced in the rebuild of the engine?

The difference from the stage one systems to stage 2 systems include lower compression pistons which allow for more boost, stronger connecting rods, and new cylinder liners. All of which are wear items. Uprated head studs and new main and rods bearings are also used.

I'm new to the G world but I have made 600+hp with a 1300cc engine.

The difference from the stage one systems to stage 2 systems include lower compression pistons which allow for more boost, stronger connecting rods, and new cylinder liners. All of which are wear items. Uprated head studs and new main and rods bearings are also used.

I'm new to the G world but I have made 600+hp with a 1300cc engine.

pics of your rx-7?

Inmo, do it right the first time..

:iamwithstupid:

I too was thinking about the Stage 1 and after talking to Kevin I ended up doing a Stage 2.5 full build.