Changing Fluids, what do i buy?

BossGT

Guys, i cant seem to get a straight answer from anyone.....I want to change the diff fluids, trans fluid, oil, brake fluid.

What fluids should i buy specifically? What brand, what type, how much do i need?

How much do i need more so applies to the diff fluids and oil and trans.

I have seen posts about changing these things, but cant seems to find the above info.

Thanks for the help everyone!!!

What year is your car?

Pretty much you can use Redline MTL or AGIP Rotra LSX 75/90 for the trans/rear diff and front diff. You'll need about 6 qts - ~4 in the rear, and ~1.5 in the front diff.

Oil - ~10 qts 20w50 if you have an 04-08, and 5w30 if you have a 560/550/570

Brake fluid - ATE SuperBlue or Motul 600 will do the trick.

I used Redline and ATE.

There is a good DIY, with photos, here: http://www.lamboweb.com/index.html

One thing- on the trans fluid, instead of filling it from the top of the engine (difficult access), we just ran a hose thru the top of the rear wheel spoke. Then diagonally past the rear suspension pieces, into the fill-hole at the tranny itself (which is near the bottom of the car). Running the hose thru the top of the wheel gives you enough gravity pull and access is WAY easier that way.

also- that website has a link to a guy from AZ who is selling an oil filter wrench for about $45. I ordered one and had it in a few days.

What year is your car?

Pretty much you can use Redline MTL or AGIP Rotra LSX 75/90 for the trans/rear diff and front diff. You'll need about 6 qts - ~4 in the rear, and ~1.5 in the front diff.

Oil - ~10 qts 20w50 if you have an 04-08, and 5w30 if you have a 560/550/570

Brake fluid - ATE SuperBlue or Motul 600 will do the trick.

5w40 is the recommended weight for 04-08's for normal street driving. 20w50 is for track use or very hot climates. 0w30 is for cold climates.

5w40 is the recommended weight for 04-08's for normal street driving. 20w50 is for track use or very hot climates. 0w30 is for cold climates.

You'll find that alot of the earlier cars go through oil a bit slower with the 20w50. With 5w40, you'll see up to a quart every 1000-1500 miles being gobbled up.

Ok, i am confused. You all say Redline MTL or Redline MT-90, which is it? They are two different fluids. This fluid is quite a bit thinner in relation to actual 75w90 gear oil....just want to be sure i am getting the right stuff. I am kind of thrown off when you say i need to put MTL in the front differential, that seems a bit thin for a diff......

Thanks.

I've always used the Agip Rotra LSX...But many guys use the Redline and love it.

From LamboWeb -

I used Red Line MTL 75W80 GL-4 transmission fluid upon recommendation from a Lambo tech.