Door locks not working

pmb

The door lock buttons on each door and the remote do not work on my 03 Murci.

I did a search and found that central locking problems may be caused by a faulty actuator in the door, however, that is usually for one door. I am having problems with both doors.

When I put the key in the door it locks but only for that door.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Is it the key fob or the actual door lock button? If it is the key fob, It just needs to be reprogrammed, there are many threads on this forum on how to do that.

Is it the key fob or the actual door lock button? If it is the key fob, It just needs to be reprogrammed, there are many threads on this forum on how to do that.

Key Fob can not be reprogrammed for a Murci only on Gallardo. There is a fuse for central locking in the right front foot well.

Do the doors lock then unlock or dose one side lock only. If it only locks one side with key check the fuses. If fuse is bad and blows after you replace it it will have a bad door lock actuator.

The key fob and door lock buttons on both doors do not work.

The alarm does arm and disarm with key fob.

Fuse is ok.

Thanks again.

I had the same issue with my Murcie Roadster. If one actuator is bad, or stuck which mine was stuck, it times out the whole system and nothing works. I initially thought it was the control box, however, it was just 1 bad actuator.

Check that the hood and engine lid are fully closed and the switches see that they are closed otherwise the system will not lock any doors.

When all is well the gas cap lid and doors will lock, if any of these other lid/cover switches are not made then the system will not let you lock or unlock the doors. The alarm will just chirp like it is enabling / disabling the system.

Just a thought.

Jim

If all doors or bonnets are not closed it chirps 3 times at a faster rate. I have replaced allot more then one lock actuator they do go bad.

When mine was going bad I think I used to have to push down on the door real hard to get it to engage and allow me to open. Might work.

When when I try to lock it with Key FOB or door switch I only hear a noise from passenger side door. It attempts to lock but opens again.

I will have the driver side actuator checked out.

I appreciate the help!

When when I try to lock it with Key FOB or door switch I only hear a noise from passenger side door. It attempts to lock but opens again.

I will have the driver side actuator checked out.

I appreciate the help!

With this info I can say it will be the left side door lock actuator. The actuator has a micro switch inside when you lock the car the system dose not see the left side move so it move the other side back.

Definitely the actuator. Try locking and unlocking it a few times in a row. Sometimes it will free up the actuator and it will get it to work. I would order a new part, but this method should keep the car working until you can get a new part in.

Nick

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Did the op get this figured out.....I'm having the exact same problem.

I think it is a bad driver side actuator. I Have not had chance to have it looked at.