Urraco for sale on Ebay

Peter K

How does a Silhouette compare to all of these cars driving wise?

It seems like the Urracco is the way to go, and then I compare it to a Dino 308 GT/4 and I'm confused again. :icon_mrgreen:

I would buy a 246 Dino any day!

The lines on that thing are amazing.

+1!

A Silhouette? A car made out of desperation to increase Urraco production...the same horsepower 225-230 as any other standard P300.

An attempt to increase tire width, resulting in a car that handling wise, any Urraco could surpass with a Yokohama 008 set-up, and LOTS of additional squeaks and rattles.

A nice removable top :rolleyes:

Paul

How does a Silhouette compare to all of these cars driving wise?

LOL.

You wouldn't argue that the Silhouette was nicer looking at least?

One thing is for sure is that the Urracco is the best value of the V8 Lambos, and much easier to find compared to the Jalpa & Silhouette.

Yes, I would.

Yes, I would.

I wonder how much of it is the Silhouette shape vs. those 285s on top of those classic wheels.

Look at a P-250 with 4 front Silhoutte wheels on it. To me it is much nice than the Sihloutte.

Look at a P-250 with 4 front Silhoutte wheels on it. To me it is much nice than the Sihloutte.

I think this means that you agree that Silhouette wheels are nicer than Urraco ones!

Joking apart the Silhouette wheels with 195/50 15 tyres look lost in the Urraco front arches as the tyre diameter is so small. I think this may be the reason that the squared off arches were adopted for the Silhouette.

I have owned both P300 Urraco and Silhouette. I like them both but for different reasons.

IMO comparing the Dino 246 with the Urraco is like comparing apples and pears. The Urraco was designed as a 2+2 with a relatively long wheelbase and to comply with new and anticipated legislation. Consequently it is not as nimble as the Dino 246. Comparison with the Dino GT4 is valid.

Factory_US_P300_1.jpg

I have a picutre I have to find. It shows my Urraco with both my Countach front Bravos on it and it looks pretty good. There is something not right about the photo above.....the front is not sittiing right and the rear Sil wheel.

I have a picutre I have to find. It shows my Urraco with both my Countach front Bravos on it and it looks pretty good. There is something not right about the photo above.....the front is not sittiing right and the rear Sil wheel.

OK that car may have had the Silhouette deep spacer fitted to adjust the ride height. Here is another example. I know this car has adjustable height struts but even so imo the tyres look too small for the arches. With different profile tyres the problem could be easily solved!

2177655_1_.jpg

From approx 2 years ago. These picture are a little deceiving. The front is slightly raise because the car has not rolled or setttled after putting on the wheels. But, agreed, The car be slightly lowered and/or different sized tires.

post-37-1323180251.jpg

post-37-1323180263.jpg

post-37-1323180276.jpg

post-37-1323180285.jpg

From approx 2 years ago. These picture are a little deceiving. The front is slightly raise because the car has not rolled or setttled after putting on the wheels. But, agreed, The car be slightly lowered and/or different sized tires.

I think the issue with lowering may be reduced ground clearance.

I am no expert on the P250 but that is the first time I have seen black side window trims. What colour is the screen surround? Do you know if this feature and the black louvers is original?

I doubt it. The car has been painted 2 times. Originally green, then blue, and now red. All trim is black.