For those of us that used to be into BMX and freestyle...

abolfaz

This is me still riding at 43..( just got back on my bike this year as my son has just started riding..!)...

IMG_3328-1.jpg

IMG_3247.jpg

IMG_7772.jpg

Everything sure does ache more the next day though..

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...but this morning I'm struggling to pull my socks on..!!!...That's age for you..!!

Nice helmet safety boy! Just kidding! To think all the thousands of miles I must have ridden and not a single one with a piece of safety equipment. Your riding at 43 is inspirational, I'm gonna pull the bike out this weekend and go riding.

Bad ass indoor park btw.

SE actually re-released a retro version of the old school looptail in 2009 and 2010. I bought one for like $400, but sold it. I'm only 5'10 and 180 and I still felt WAY too big for it. I wanted an original from the 80's but figured I would crack it the second I sat on it.

pk-ripper-loop-1-1.jpg

I cant find this damn bike in white! Only grey and red?

I cant find this damn bike in white! Only grey and red?

Allan, if you cant get it in white let me know. I will give Todd Lyons a call for you and have you one on the way. Do you want it in red just like this one ? I would also make sure i bought one with the re release Oakley B1B grips. They are exclusive to a limited run on SE.

Allan, if you cant get it in white let me know. I will give Todd Lyons a call for you and have you one on the way. Do you want it in red just like this one ? I would also make sure i bought one with the re release Oakley B1B grips. They are exclusive to a limited run on SE.

Yes I want one just like the one above, and with the re release grips would be great! How have you been? Havent seen you forever! Pm me a price please!

Here is a NOS 1983 Looptail PK that i have stashed in my collection and a NOS 1982 candy blue floval flyer that i have on the wall. Only 5 NOS blue flovals are known to exist and only two blues.

DSC05091.JPG

DSC00043.JPG

Here is a NOS 1983 Looptail PK that i have stashed in my collection and a NOS 1982 candy blue floval flyer that i have on the wall. Only 5 NOS blue flovals are known to exist and only two blues.

Very nice! Im gonna ride it so a rerelease I think will be good for me..

Yes I want one just like the one above, and with the re release grips would be great! How have you been? Havent seen you forever! Pm me a price please!

I have been good brother , i hope you doing well ! I teamed up with a few guys and Hollywood Mike Miranda and we relaunched CW Racing and its been gaining ground quick. If your ever in London and you hook up with Maximillion Cooper be sure to check out this NOS 1982 Yellow Looptail Ripper that i sold him about 5 years ago. There are only 2 NOS yellow ones known to exist. He has it in a glass case behind a Enzo there on the floor. I bet more come to see the yellow Ripper ! LOL

DSC04382.JPG

I will make a couple of calls for you now. If you want i can get the pad set off of it or maybe get an extra set of pads and have some of the old guys from back when we rode sign it for you. Pad sets look cool signed. I will send them to Scott Briethaupt and let him pass them on to Perry Kramer , Utterback , and a few guys .

That is incredible!! Any chance of more pictures of your collection?

I dont know if you get Classic BMX Magazine or if you know about them ? For all of us oldschoolers its awesome and totaly dedicated to our glory days. It is published out of Australia . You can type Classic BMX Magazine on ebay and it will bring up some back issues. I know you can go right to there wed site or buy them from distributors as well. Issue 5 has about 4 pages of my collection in it with some of my prized finds through the years. If you get Ride BMX Magazine i have a good interview and a few pages coming out in the next issue of it as well. It should be a good issue with full X games coverage !

That is incredible!! Any chance of more pictures of your collection?

Here is a pic of some of it. You will see pretty much the entire collection in this coming issue of Transworld Ride BMX along with my parts dungeon . This issue of Classic BMX has some good shots of Key pieces that i have collected over the past 20 years. It is issue 5 that has my stuff in it.

IMG_1018.JPG

Here is a pic of some of it. You will see pretty much the entire collection in this coming issue of Transworld Ride BMX along with my parts dungeon . This issue of Classic BMX has some good shots of Key pieces that i have collected over the past 20 years. It is issue 5 that has my stuff in it.

Holy shit!!! Unreal!!! Mike Miranda, haven't heard/read that name in over 20 years!! All those guess were gods to most of us trying to emulate their every move.

For my first job in IT I was only 19 yrs old, the company I worked for sent me to the their head quarters that were located in OC and the first thing I did was take the company car and try and find all the places I would see in the magazines. It was like a dream come true... I remember picking up Truckin' magazine for the fligth there and there was this crazy mini truck on the cover with tilting bed and crazy sound system. One night I went out just driving around and spotted off the highway what I think I remember being a castle like arcade with a bunch of lights flashing every where... anyways I get off the highway to go check it out. I park and start walking in the parking lot and there's people just driving around showing their cars/trucks and all of a sudden I spot the mini truck I was just reading about... anyone from CA remember or know of the place I'm referring too?

That was totally surreal for a kid from the suburbs of Montreal to be seeing all this stuff I had only seen in magazines and dreamt about.

You wouldn't happen to have a Scorpion BMX in your collection would you? That's the bike I had. I've tried looking for one for sale even just a frame but they're very rare. Thanks for the pic

Holy shit!!! Unreal!!! Mike Miranda, haven't heard/read that name in over 20 years!! All those guess were gods to most of us trying to emulate their every move.

For my first job in IT I was only 19 yrs old, the company I worked for sent me to the their head quarters that were located in OC and the first thing I did was take the company car and try and find all the places I would see in the magazines. It was like a dream come true... I remember picking up Truckin' magazine for the fligth there and there was this crazy mini truck on the cover with tilting bed and crazy sound system. One night I went out just driving around and spotted off the highway what I think I remember being a castle like arcade with a bunch of lights flashing every where... anyways I get off the highway to go check it out. I park and start walking in the parking lot and there's people just driving around showing their cars/trucks and all of a sudden I spot the mini truck I was just reading about... anyone from CA remember or know of the place I'm referring too?

That was totally surreal for a kid from the suburbs of Montreal to be seeing all this stuff I had only seen in magazines and dreamt about.

You wouldn't happen to have a Scorpion BMX in your collection would you? That's the bike I had. I've tried looking for one for sale even just a frame but they're very rare. Thanks for the pic

Do you remember the truck the RL Osbourn had back in the day with the BMX Action decal in the windshiled ? I think Mike Buff Or RL did a shot jumping over it. I have had some Scorpions through the years. I dont have one right now but i can get you one. What model did you have or looking for ? There is nothing like finding the bike you had back in the day and building it back. Get some Bing music on and set the dial to 1984 and get the wrenches out.

I will make a couple of calls for you now. If you want i can get the pad set off of it or maybe get an extra set of pads and have some of the old guys from back when we rode sign it for you. Pad sets look cool signed. I will send them to Scott Briethaupt and let him pass them on to Perry Kramer , Utterback , and a few guys .

That would be AWESOME!

Thats awesome! I also saw they rereleased the skyway tuffwheels...

At my new house I have this basketball court and Im going to turn it into a mini BMX and skateboard park... MINI being the key word... Then im going to have Deuce film jumping the ramps for everyone on LP to get a good laugh! The rerelease SE Quadangle is nice too!

294559_1953795210924_1423988177_31721519_3907075_n.jpg

Do you remember the truck the RL Osbourn had back in the day with the BMX Action decal in the windshiled ? I think Mike Buff Or RL did a shot jumping over it. I have had some Scorpions through the years. I dont have one right now but i can get you one. What model did you have or looking for ? There is nothing like finding the bike you had back in the day and building it back. Get some Bing music on and set the dial to 1984 and get the wrenches out.

Yeah I remember that truck... I also remember Mike Dominguez's mini truck, he had put on some porsche wheels and maybe even brakes. Man what memories!! With the money I was making from my frist IT job (again) I bought myself a Redline RL20-II, which was black, thing was insane... which got stolen not long after... this is back in 1989 or so... man where did time go!!

I don't remember the model but here's a picture I found of one with the exact same frame... my bike was much nicer, of course :), it was chrome and had all the accessories gold. That would be awesome if you could find one!!! Thanks a million for the offer!!

Without seeming to personal, are you one of the guys from back then??

At my new house I have this basketball court and Im going to turn it into a mini BMX and skateboard park... MINI being the key word... Then im going to have Deuce film jumping the ramps for everyone on LP to get a good laugh! The rerelease SE Quadangle is nice too!

Where the concrete ends .... Is that hill side smooth or steep ? You could ramp off of it Mt. Bike style and probably hit some good speed downhill. The entire area looks killer !

You might want to hit craigs list for ramps and set up's. We partnered up with a skating rink guy about 4 years ago. A park that went out of business was getting out quick ! The skate guy took all of the roller skates and we took the helmets , set up's, and ramps for dirt cheap ! When they close they move that stuff for pennies. They are usually in deep and will deliver it whever you need it too. Instant skate park !

I also saw that SE rereleased the Quadangle but they don't seem to make it in the classic/signature baby blue... only one I saw was chrome purple or something like that.

You're a lucky man having the chance to have a mini skate park in your backyard... not too mention the cars and what seems to be an awesome wife to go along with it all.

Thats awesome! I also saw they rereleased the skyway tuffwheels...

Yep, Ed Ferri got with them and contracted the colors just like we had back in the day. I think he is the only exclusive dealer for the colored ones. I also emailed Ed as well as Todd Lyons and a few others to get you the Ripper. The problem is the one you want is a 2009 color. I will dig you one up though