For those of us that used to be into BMX and freestyle...

abolfaz

Where the concrete ends .... Is that hill side smooth or steep ? You could ramp off of it Mt. Bike style and probably hit some good speed downhill. The entire area looks killer !

You might want to hit craigs list for ramps and set up's. We partnered up with a skating rink guy about 4 years ago. A park that went out of business was getting out quick ! The skate guy took all of the roller skates and we took the helmets , set up's, and ramps for dirt cheap ! When they close they move that stuff for pennies. They are usually in deep and will deliver it whever you need it too. Instant skate park !

I think there are too many trees up there to do that.. Ill check it out tomm and take some more pics.. Deuces dad builds movie sets and is supposed to come and build us some ramps.. Im DEFINITELY getting a helmet, shin gaurds elbow pads etc! :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, Ed Ferri got with them and contracted the colors just like we had back in the day. I think he is the only exclusive dealer for the colored ones. I also emailed Ed as well as Todd Lyons and a few others to get you the Ripper. The problem is the one you want is a 2009 color. I will dig you one up though

Thanks! There was one on ebay for like 400 bucks and I missed it.. Now there is a grey and red..

Yeah I remember that truck... I also remember Mike Dominguez's mini truck, he had put on some porsche wheels and maybe even brakes. Man what memories!! With the money I was making from my frist IT job (again) I bought myself a Redline RL20-II, which was black, thing was insane... which got stolen not long after... this is back in 1989 or so... man where did time go!!

I don't remember the model but here's a picture I found of one with the exact same frame... my bike was much nicer, of course :), it was chrome and had all the accessories gold. That would be awesome if you could find one!!! Thanks a million for the offer!!

Without seeming to personal, are you one of the guys from back then??

Nope , back in the day i raced but i was like everyone else. I looked up to these guys. They were bigger than life to me. Sometimes i have to stop and think about how cool it is to have Greg Hill , Scott Briethaupt, Mike Buff and many of my heros as friends now , and partners. What a great sport to grow up in back in the 80s.

Was your scorpion a SX or a ZX ? I will dig through and find a few examples to show you and trigger your memory. Or if you have a old shot of you on your bike shoot it to me.

Thanks! There was one on ebay for like 400 bucks and I missed it.. Now there is a grey and red..

wait until i hear back from Todd to see what he can do . Hes the head man for SE . If he cant do it , it cant be done. If he cant dig up a 09 with that color scheme i will see if he can do you a 2011 in that exact color

I also saw that SE rereleased the Quadangle but they don't seem to make it in the classic/signature baby blue... only one I saw was chrome purple or something like that.

You're a lucky man having the chance to have a mini skate park in your backyard... not too mention the cars and what seems to be an awesome wife to go along with it all.

Thanks for the compliments!

The Quadangle I saw was a gold/brown combo..

wait until i hear back from Todd to see what he can do . Hes the head man for SE . If he cant do it , it cant be done. If he cant dig up a 09 with that color scheme i will see if he can do you a 2011 in that exact color

Will do! Thanks alot!

Nope , back in the day i raced but i was like everyone else. I looked up to these guys. They were bigger than life to me. Sometimes i have to stop and think about how cool it is to have Greg Hill , Scott Briethaupt, Mike Buff and many of my heros as friends now , and partners. What a great sport to grow up in back in the 80s.

Was your scorpion a SX or a ZX ? I will dig through and find a few examples to show you and trigger your memory. Or if you have a old shot of you on your bike shoot it to me.

That is extremely cool... I remember all those names. I would of given anything to meet those guys and hang out back in the day... hell even today!!

Sorry I forgot to include the picture I found... here it is.

post-11188-1315018198_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the compliments!

The Quadangle I saw was a gold/brown combo..

No problem... you can't ALWYS be told you're wrong about the Aventador... I keed, I keed... :icon_mrgreen:

This is the one I saw on their site...

post-11188-1315018474_thumb.jpg

That is extremely cool... I remember all those names. I would of given anything to meet those guys and hang out back in the day... hell even today!!

Sorry I forgot to include the picture I found... here it is.

That looks like a Scorpion ZX series. It was a akisu built frame , based on the design of the mid 80s Schwinn Predator. Same dropouts , same upderside small drilled gusset. The TX series had a large gusset and was a heavy street frame set . The SX series had rounded dropouts and double butted tubing /columbus style on the outside of the frame. I will do a little research but i think it is a ZX.

I remember one of the first BMX bikes I had was a black HUFFY! LOL Black with gold honeycomb wheels..

I think that was called a "Pro Thunder" , i think it came in blue as well ?

I remember one of the first BMX bikes I had was a black HUFFY! LOL Black with gold honeycomb wheels..

Hey from where I grew up Huffy's where the bomb!! We couldn't even get any of those bikes here in Quebec! My first BMX was a CCM with aluminum wheels that kinda looked like Tuff Wheels. Thing weighted a fcuking ton!!! But I pimped the shit out of that thing. :)

When I was a kid my dad lived in Florida and we would visit him very often and every single time I would go visit we would go to the bike shop to check out the bikes and accessiries. One summer I bought a pair of black and white checkered Vans shoes with laces. When I got back home and my friends same them they flipped... people into BMX would freak out! and people who weren't just thought I was a freak !! LOL We couldn't get those here either...

That looks like a Scorpion ZX series. It was a akisu built frame , based on the design of the mid 80s Schwinn Predator. Same dropouts , same upderside small drilled gusset. The TX series had a large gusset and was a heavy street frame set . The SX series had rounded dropouts and double butted tubing /columbus style on the outside of the frame. I will do a little research but i think it is a ZX.

Dude is there anything about BMXs that you don't know??? LOL You know more then the bmxmuseum website!!

All I know is it was exactly like that one... thanks for the help. :)

I think that is a new model...

I was talking about one like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SE-20-Quadangle-Lo...=item20bc350c8c

This is the white one , it has silver style pad script and up close this color scheme is sweet

http://www.fatbmx.com/uploads3/2008/wk38/se3.jpg

Hey from where I grew up Huffy's where the bomb!! We couldn't even get any of those bikes here in Quebec! My first BMX was a CCM with aluminum wheels that kinda looked like Tuff Wheels. Thing weighted a fcuking ton!!! But I pimped the shit out of that thing. :)

When I was a kid my dad lived in Florida and we would visit him very often and every single time I would go visit we would go to the bike shop to check out the bikes and accessiries. One summer I bought a pair of black and white checkered Vans shoes with laces. When I got back home and my friends same them they flipped... people into BMX would freak out! and people who weren't just thought I was a freak !! LOL We couldn't get those here either...

Some asshole stole mine.. I also remember I got a Columbia, but it came with Shimano DX cranks, pedals etc.. I remember it cost like 350.00 bucks back in the day... I was like 10 maybe? My dad had to hide the purchase price of the bike from my mom..