hand building a Lambo, today

Albert-LP

This morning i visited a customer, who is painting and assemblying the 150 Gallardo Supertrofeo Stradale carbon fiber pieces: engine bonnet, rear wing and some other pieces i do not remember.

It's very interesting to see how all these things are still hand made: the operator fix the 10 grids to the air intake on the engine bonnet one by one. He needs more than three hours just to fix all the ten grids: that means almost twenty minutes each.

And what i's incredible is that each grid has written the number of the bonnet it fits: a grid fit just THAT bonnet, as they are all a bit different each others...

May be Gallardo shares a lot of pieces with Audi R8, but it's still a Lamborghini (partly) hand made.

I have a lot of picture of this assembly, but i'm not allowed to share, sorry.

ciao

This morning i visited a customer, who is painting and assemblying the 150 Gallardo Supertrofeo Stradale carbon fiber pieces: engine bonnet, rear wing and some other pieces i do not remember.

It's very interesting to see how all these things are still hand made: the operator fix the 10 grids to the air intake on the engine bonnet one by one. He needs more than three hours just to fix all the ten grids: that means almost twenty minutes each.

And what i's incredible is that each grid has written the number of the bonnet it fits: a grid fit just THAT bonnet, as they are all a bit different each others...

May be Gallardo shares a lot of pieces with Audi R8, but it's still a Lamborghini (partly) hand made.

I have a lot of picture of this assembly, but i'm not allowed to share, sorry.

ciao

I vote for ban :icon_mrgreen:

I vote for ban :icon_mrgreen:

i hate you too! :icon_mrgreen:

i'm really sorry: i was told "these pictures cannot go out of here". I do not even know why they let me take pictures.

What i can say is that the operator doing right now the assembly is an old friend of mine that works very well.

ciao