6.0 not starting

b512m

Hi guys. My 6.0 can't start. It won't even crank at all. First thing I did was change the battery, and still it won't crank at all. Is the starter motor broken or is it something else ? Anyone has this experience before ?

Is the MEd alarm system responding normal ? It can keep the car from cranking. With out doing some test no one can say if the starter is bad.

Indeed it's best to cycle the alarm several times and retry but I suppose you already tried that.

The MED system can of course block the fuel pump and don't forget the extra valve in the fuel line that's controlled by the alarm as well. But since there's no crank at all it could be something different.

Do you get any error code in the display (flashing CEL) ?

If the car won't start it's a matter of locating which system or sub-system has failed and caused a break in the cars' electrical circuit.

I would conduct the following checklist:

alarm system -(As mentioned)

fusebox (check all fuses)

battery

ECU ( Engine Control Unit)

Hey guys, alarm seems fine in arming and disarming. I guess I have to ask the dealer to come over since I can't even reverse it out from the tight garage. Just wish there was another solution

Do you get a click?

Yes the only thing I hear was the click when i try to start it.

Indeed it's best to cycle the alarm several times and retry but I suppose you already tried that.

The MED system can of course block the fuel pump and don't forget the extra valve in the fuel line that's controlled by the alarm as well. But since there's no crank at all it could be something different.

Do you get any error code in the display (flashing CEL) ?

No error codes in dislay, except for the fuel level which is showing empty, when there is still plenty of fuel.

No error codes in dislay, except for the fuel level which is showing empty, when there is still plenty of fuel.

Check fuel pump wiring for a short; also check any relays wired into the circuit.

Hey guys, alarm seems fine in arming and disarming. I guess I have to ask the dealer to come over since I can't even reverse it out from the tight garage. Just wish there was another solution

Yes the only thing I hear was the click when i try to start it.

You might have a weak solenoid coil and need that booster relay.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...n+the+key+click