Brembo GT Big Brake Kit with 18" Wheels?

Dj_Diablo

Looking to upgrade the 02 stock front brakes with a Brembo 16" BBK (http://www.remmenexperts.nl/en/p/679/1n19508a) but I have a strong feeling that it will NOT fit under 18" hercules wheels.

The only pics of this kit in wild I've found was when I was browsing through the ADV.1 gallery. Looks like it barely fits under what appears to be a 19 or 20" front wheel...

img_5007.jpg

img_5045.jpg

img_5039.jpg

If anyone has FRONT Hercules wheels off the car, could you please check using this clearance guide?:

murc_caliper_clearance_brembo_16inch.png

For reference, Hercules wheels:

dsc02805.JPG

Won't fit with stock wheels. I have a set of hercules here and the big brake set up on my 03...I could test fit them for you on the front, but my research years ago revealed it wouldn't work. Let me know if you want me to test fit and I can do so in the next couple of days.

kaoss: If you could, it would be great to have 100% confirmation.

whiteout: The caliper (non-CCB) on the LP640 and the 04+ murc) is the same 8-piston as found on the Gallardo (non-lp560) fronts. The rotor is also 15". These are 6-piston with 16" rotors.

Aren't the CC's 6 piston?

Nick

Yes, the CCB's are 6-piston but they are a completely different caliper. Much thicker.

Here's a pic of the CCB's. Note how the caliper is much closer to the center of the wheel (thicker) than the pics I posted above.

b2a92c98.jpg

I can't see the picture of the CC's that you posted. But if the OEM Brembo's have a thicker caliper, then the BremboGT 6 piston should not be an issue. I don't know what the offset and inner diameter is between the older Murci and LP640 wheel sets, but a 16" rotor under an 18" wheel will be a tight fit for the caliper.

FYI, the ADV1's in that picture are two piece wheels, which make the brakes look larger in comparison to the wheel size vs. a one piece wheel.

Nick

whiteout: The caliper (non-CCB) on the LP640 and the 04+ murc) is the same 8-piston as found on the Gallardo (non-lp560) fronts. The rotor is also 15". These are 6-piston with 16" rotors.

The caliper on a LP640 and a 04 Murci are not the same. 04 has 4 pistons in front and LP640 has 8 pistons. They have the same rear 4 piston calipers.

05-06 (non-CCB) have the same 8 piston caliper as a LP640 (non-CCB) .

16" rotors will not fit Herculus or Hermera or any 18" wheels. Stock 15" barely fits under a 18" wheels.

The caliper on a LP640 and a 04 Murci are not the same. 04 has 4 pistons in front and LP640 has 8 pistons. They have the same rear 4 piston calipers.

16" rotors will not fit Herculus or Hermera or any 18" wheels. Stock 15" barely fits under a 18" wheels.

I wasn't 100% sure whether the 8-pistons started in 04 or 05. For the 05+, the rears are 4-piston, but the earlier murc's have a smaller diameter rotor.

Will this kit even clear a 19 inch wheel? I have a 19 inch iforged wheel and this kit. The wheel will not clear the wheel!

Also anyone know what size the fronts are on the yellow car above?