A/C stopped working on a 4 hr ride

touchless

my A/C stopped putting out cold air, everything else works fine and was up tll today on my first long ride.

LT and RT side fans up front are working at the bumper intakes. Just no cold air. I did notice a od smell like propane two times in the car, but the cold air was doing fine. It was in the same area on the road going and coming back so it might not have anything to do with it.

Where is the A/C compressor located and how can I look at it to see if it is a belt? or leak?(oil spray) or not rotating the compressor?? fuse?

my A/C stopped putting out cold air, everything else works fine and was up tll today on my first long ride.

LT and RT side fans up front are working at the bumper intakes. Just no cold air. I did notice a od smell like propane two times in the car, but the cold air was doing fine. It was in the same area on the road going and coming back so it might not have anything to do with it.

Where is the A/C compressor located and how can I look at it to see if it is a belt? or leak?(oil spray) or not rotating the compressor?? fuse?

Look under the left rear in front of the wheel by the fire wall.

Look under the left rear in front of the wheel by the fire wall.

Will do, thanks for the info Swif.

Can't beleave after all the great words about all the Gs out there and how problem free they are and as a new to me 06 with 17850 miles, the A/C goes out with my girl with me.

Oh well, could have been worse.

Thanks again.

The compressor is in the back of the car...It's a gear/shaft drive, so probably not a belt issue.

They are known to leak up front by the condenser. So it could be low on 134, and just went out on low pressure cutout switch.

There is a triangle shaped aluminum panel (about 6"x6"x10") under the car that gives you access to the pressure test ports.

The compressor is in the back of the car...It's a gear/shaft drive, so probably not a belt issue.

They are known to leak up front by the condenser. So it could be low on 134, and just went out on low pressure cutout switch.

There is a triangle shaped aluminum panel (about 6"x6"x10") under the car that gives you access to the pressure test ports.

Mike,

Thanks, I found it and did not see any oil on the front condensor and just a bit of oil buy the compresor (no slinging of oil marks) that could be A/C oil??? Thanks again Mike. Ill have to figure out the pressures for the temp of 85 deg.

I want to get a shop manual, do you know the best place to get one for my G 2006?

Sounds like you have worked on yours alot. I plan to do the things I can. My Lambo dealer said it will be 10 days till I can get in:( I used to work on A/Cs for corp> Jets and personal autos, just has been awhile. But I still have my Snap-on tool Box full of tools and my gages for A/C. Now if I can just shrink my self down to 50 lbs. to get under my G. LOL

Mike,

Thanks, I found it and did not see any oil on the front condensor and just a bit of oil buy the compresor (no slinging of oil marks) that could be A/C oil??? Thanks again Mike. Ill have to figure out the pressures for the temp of 85 deg.

I want to get a shop manual, do you know the best place to get one for my G 2006?

Sounds like you have worked on yours alot. I plan to do the things I can. My Lambo dealer said it will be 10 days till I can get in:( I used to work on A/Cs for corp> Jets and personal autos, just has been awhile. But I still have my Snap-on tool Box full of tools and my gages for A/C. Now if I can just shrink my self down to 50 lbs. to get under my G. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Well, It was the comppressor. Pressure switch did not help save the compressor??? I guess some times the compressors just go out at 17,000 miles. When I took pressures before I took it in, they were 40 and 40 and running, 40 and 40 so I knew it was the compressor as well as it was leaking oil.

Has anyone ever noticed a light thump on the emergency brake button while the compressors running? a thump or knock about every 5 seconds. You can feel it on your emergency break button. Is it OK to run the A/C all the time durring running it hard and not so hard??????

Compressor failed on my 08 SL too. GBGallardo's compressor went out too. Just seems to be a weak part on the Gs.

Well, It was the comppressor. Pressure switch did not help save the compressor??? I guess some times the compressors just go out at 17,000 miles. When I took pressures before I took it in, they were 40 and 40 and running, 40 and 40 so I knew it was the compressor as well as it was leaking oil.

Has anyone ever noticed a light thump on the emergency brake button while the compressors running? a thump or knock about every 5 seconds. You can feel it on your emergency break button. Is it OK to run the A/C all the time durring running it hard and not so hard??????

That's the water pump for the climate control system. Normal.

It's located right under the shifter puck.

That's the water pump for the climate control system. Normal.

It's located right under the shifter puck.

Thanks Mike.

So that's normal?

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is the same compressor that VW and Audi us. Take the part number from the compressor and you should be able to pick up at a dealer. If any one needs a compressor send me a PM and I'll see if I can get you a decent price on it.

It is the same compressor that VW and Audi us. Take the part number from the compressor and you should be able to pick up at a dealer. If any one needs a compressor send me a PM and I'll see if I can get you a decent price on it.