Clutch measurement help!

trans78

hello, i have an 04 gallardo with e-gear and i want to know how much clutch i have left. i have read that i only need to take it to someone who has a laptop to tell me the clutch reading and it should only take 5 mins. my problem is that i am in minnesota, and the closest lambo dealer is in chicago or st.louis. do you know if any shop can give me this reading? maybe a porsche or bmw dealership? or is there a way i can find out myself?

it's called an e-gear snap. lambo dealerships can do this.... i am curious though... if audi can do it? (if the read/system is the same on the r8?) would be worth it to find out.

very good idea, i knew about the audi relationship, but i never thought about having them check it out for me. im pretty sure we have an audi dealership new by. anyone else have any input on this? can audi tell me how much clutch i have left?

If you can get the car on a lift. There is indeed an inspection hole. You can make a visual check.

For a visual check you would need to know what a new clutch looks like. It is very hard to say how much is left this way.

As far as any shop no. They would need the proper soft wear its called Lara and it comes on are Factory laptop.

If it was a 560 I think there would be a chance the audi softwear might work. We must use a different cable for 09 and up cars. The 560 and the R8 are very close to the same car but the 04-08 cars are very different then the R8 or 560.

The 04-08 might look very close to the same as a 560 but they are very different under the skin.