Bolt on turbo with stock gearing - how is it?

Ag02M5

I am thinking about a bolt on tt kit more and more.

For those with experience, how does the stock transmission gearing work with the boost? Do you stay in the power band or do you drop out of it, giving you the lightswtich old-school turbo feeling?

I have an 08 with the shorter gearing btw.

Thanks!

RT

I am thinking about a bolt on tt kit more and more.

For those with experience, how does the stock transmission gearing work with the boost? Do you stay in the power band or do you drop out of it, giving you the lightswtich old-school turbo feeling?

I have an 08 with the shorter gearing btw.

Thanks!

RT

It is excellent with lower power levels...

Stick with the stock gearing and see how you like it.... egear or manual? I've had both and think the stock gearing is fine for the bolt on power levels, as you go up in power and the the shifts come even quicker, it's nice to have extended gearing and stay in the power longer....

Not enough experience to give a definite answer but I can tell you the shifts come quick with power. Egear can make it much easier on skill level required. I think at it should be geared for what the car is made for.

Street= stock gears.

1 mile with 1500hp=go long gears

1/4 mile set it up so you finish in the top of a gear instead of having to shift in the last couple tenths of the track