New LP Member

boochook

LP'ers,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Berk. New to LP, but not to car forums (long time user and almost 5K poster on 6SO (same username) so may know some of you here like Memo. Love in the DC area and have begun the education and search on Gallardo's. Coming from owning 3 Porsche's (Boxster, 996 C4S which I twin turbo'd and recently an 08 997 Carrera S). At a point where I am ready to take the next step and live the dream if owning a Lambo. I will do everything in my power and do my research before asking common questions and look forward to learning more from folks here on LP. My interest is in a 6speed Gallardo w/ aftermarket exhaust (guessing LOC is pretty popular). Know a lot about the issues and aftermarket about Porsche so I know I have a lot to learn here about the G's.

Thanks for your patience and I want to wish all of our service men and women and their families a Happy Memorial Day and thank them all for their sacrifices.

~Berk

Thx bud!! Yeah, was talking to Mike about his and he gave me some good advice and info. Now, patiently researching and waiting for the right one. What vossens did you put on the Diablo?

Welcome Berk. Good choice on the 6speed! Find a good one like Mike's

Hey Mike! Is this you?

Berk, Welcome!! I have known Berk for many years!! Glad to see you here.

6speed will be a great choice. What colors are you thinking?? Gray by any chance? :)

Hey Mike! Is this you?

Mike with the black 6 speed gallardo is LamboGator on here. I have no idea what model the Vossen's are though. I got them used mainly because the price was good and it was the sizes and colors I wanted. I doubt I'd go with anymore Vossen wheels though.

Abi !!!!! Not sure of colors yet, but probably not something too ostentatious :-). Gray might be perfect!!! ;-). You guys know of any rental places where I can use one for a weekend to get the total feel? Wasn't there a place around here?

Berk, Welcome!! I have known Berk for many years!! Glad to see you here.

6speed will be a great choice. What colors are you thinking?? Gray by any chance? :)

Ahhh, ok cool!! Can't wait to keep learning.

Mike with the black 6 speed gallardo is LamboGator on here. I have no idea what model the Vossen's are though. I got them used mainly because the price was good and it was the sizes and colors I wanted. I doubt I'd go with anymore Vossen wheels though.

Alan - Hey buddy!!!??? How have you been man? You still in the area? How's Pej?

Alan. It's been awhile haha.

Welcome to LP. I had an '04 6 speed G and loved it. As far as maintenance, the cars are pretty solid, but get a PPI. Good luck!

Thx Liquid. That's what I'm hoping. I don't necessarily want the latest and greatest. Would be fantastic, but I'm more looking for a car that is trouble free. The one thing I've been hearing is to stay away from the 04/05's and start with the 06's. Is there an issue w/ 04's in 6speed. I'm not looking to be the FASTEST thing out there, I mean those insane TT'd G's are a force to be reckoned with not to mention a lot of later model cars are faster out of the gate. I'm just looking for the pleasure of owning one and the exhilaration and harmonic sound from the exhaust. I'm looking to enjoy some spirited cruises from VA to NJ and back to see family, etc. I don't want to be scared to put miles on the car. If I can do a consistent 5-7K miles a year, I don't want the car to lose ridiculous value.

Am I making sense to everyone or have I lost my mind? :)

Welcome to LP. I had an '04 6 speed G and loved it. As far as maintenance, the cars are pretty solid, but get a PPI. Good luck!

Alan - Hey buddy!!!??? How have you been man? You still in the area? How's Pej?

I'm back and forth between Nova and socal. I'll probably run into you again one of these days at the local meets. :)

Sounds good bud. Would be great to catch up.

I'm back and forth between Nova and socal. I'll probably run into you again one of these days at the local meets. :)