What a Beautiful color Countach

Peter K

Thanks Mike for posting picture.

Could it be factory?

Not factory, Seller even noted it was Nero/Red to begin with..

I think the problem you have stems from owners who want to see their cars values go up, people not taking into consideration that certain cars are unique and then in their minds applying these values to their own cars. Then you have sellers such as Tony, who are attempting to price these cars as high as possble, hoping for a Euro buyer to snap the car up for what they consider a bargain... Thats why most of these cars are not selling in the U.S.

This car is an example.. Seller attempts to point out this is a special car.. Unique interior, unique color, polished wheels (very rare lol) and awesome factory fuel injection known to be the worst performing of the entire Countach line. Looking at this car, you can tell interior needs redo, even if just to keep the way it is. Paint job is rough, engine compartment looks rough etc. Now in the Countach lineup, they are all of course great cars because they are a Countach, however as we did here before if they lined up one of each production line, this car or an Anniv would be the least desirable of the bunch... So how could you possibly justify paying 140k for this car, and adding atleast inmo 20K to fix the faults and still end up with one of the least desirable cars in the line with a color change. Especially when Aniiv cars in great shape are selling for 100-120K , Countach QVs F/I are also in that same range and MUCH better cars then the example we are speaking of.

Inmo, the prices of these cars really havent gone up all that much. Europeans are snapping up Carbed cars as they find the F/I cars undesirable, this has driven prices of these cars up, while F/I cars continue to be the black sheep

Prices of my past sales since Jan 2012

1) 83 5000s(carb) does $169500 asap

2)87 5000qv(fi) 1200miles does $200.000 asap!

3)85 5000s(f1) does $139,000 stays in U.S. asap

4) 89 Anniversary blk/blk 3500 miles sold Friday for $135000 asap

I was told by a few guys on here that my

-87 would only do 120k tops

-83 dealer offered me just 85k

-85 dealer offered my 80k

-89 offered me 85k and I sold it for 135 thursday. (real nice car)

I wonder what price they would be asking if I had sold them.

My 85fi car needs some finishing(mainly interior), I have 3 more CT's coming and they are all Carbureted so its time for Miss Merlot to go.

I think the problem you have stems from owners who want to see their cars values go up, people not taking into consideration that certain cars are unique and then in their minds applying these values to their own cars. Then you have sellers such as Tony, who are attempting to price these cars as high as possble, hoping for a Euro buyer to snap the car up for what they consider a bargain... Thats why most of these cars are not selling in the U.S.

This car is an example.. Seller attempts to point out this is a special car.. Unique interior, unique color, polished wheels (very rare lol) and awesome factory fuel injection known to be the worst performing of the entire Countach line. Looking at this car, you can tell interior needs redo, even if just to keep the way it is. Paint job is rough, engine compartment looks rough etc. Now in the Countach lineup, they are all of course great cars because they are a Countach, however as we did here before if they lined up one of each production line, this car or an Anniv would be the least desirable of the bunch... So how could you possibly justify paying 140k for this car, and adding atleast inmo 20K to fix the faults and still end up with one of the least desirable cars in the line with a color change. Especially when Aniiv cars in great shape are selling for 100-120K , Countach QVs F/I are also in that same range and MUCH better cars then the example we are speaking of.

Inmo, the prices of these cars really havent gone up all that much. Europeans are snapping up Carbed cars as they find the F/I cars undesirable, this has driven prices of these cars up, while F/I cars continue to be the black sheep

I agree, this is one of the rare time it happens. Prices are going up a bit, but just for good cars: this metal red is not for sure one of that and 20 k are not enough to change it an a show prize contender, better thinking to spend 50 or 60 k to fix it...

My opinion is: a FI Car has to stay in the USA, as it was built for USA market. Here people are looking for carbed ones.

ciao

My 85fi car needs some finishing(mainly interior), I have 3 more CT's coming and they are all Carbureted so its time for Miss Merlot to go.

I'm very happy to hear this!

I do not like your Merlot one, but i already have a CT so i'm not a customer...

CT is the most outrageous car ever built: it should cost every year more than the year before

Here a very good car (S2) has an asking prices of 180 k euro and a mint QVDD has an asking prices of 200 K euro. Very good 5000 S is for 160 K euro.

But "mint" and "very good" means a potential car show winner with a CT expert as judge (mint) or a show condender (very good), not cars to be restored...

ciao

Im willing to bet most of those cars went out of the U.S. if they did indeed sell at those prices. Not saying you are a liar but it certainly doesnt bode to your advantage to say they sold for less..

I personally know of cars that stay in U.S.

87 Qv for 105

89 Pearl White Anniv for 100K

89 Red Anniv for 120K...

Isnt the Rainman carbed Ct still for sale? I think asking like 143K or something.. I dont pay attention to those cars that much.. Ive heard of another carbed car in need of a clutch for 120k..

Are you listing your merlot car as sold at 139K above, or is that for another F/I 85?

No offense, but I am in the market for a CT, and have watched your vids, and pics and descriptions of these cars, they dont seem to be accurately described. As an example, you above state that your merlot car is need of mainly interior work when CLEARLY that is NOT the case..

We can chaulk it up to the prices have been, and continue to be, unstable.

Message board members, for the most part, are united on the FI cars........but there are people would want them or will buy them at high prices.....we just don't know them :)

They are used vintage cars whose prices are not listed anywhere and can vary every day. A 250 GTO was sold for 30 millions few days ago, but it does not mean if you want a 250 GTO you must pay it not less than 30 millions...

Be quiet, or i will tell it the teacher! :icon_mrgreen:

ciao

Is it just me or did anyone else notice it idling without a key in the ignition (on the video)? LOL.

BR

I detach the audio during the editing. Im no Spelburg.