whats your diablo temp in 95 degrees temp ?

adamlotus

hi was curious whats your average eng temp in your diablos in 95 degree weather,mine yesterday was close to 100 cel on the gauge at cruising speeds.

I was getting that on Sat.

Adam were you moving? If you are in traffic you will get those temps but once you start moving it goes down

It should be around 95 max if you are moving. But then again its 1000 degrees in the valley. Did it go down at all while moving?

it went down a little while movong but when its more than 90 outside i dont think ill drive the diablo,especially in la you never koow you will get into bumper to bumper traffic.

too hot to drive a black on black car,my viper is black on black and it just gets too hot to drive in those temp.

Yeah, my car gets around 100 on a normal basis. Especially if I stomp on it. If this is not normal, and not the water pump, what could it be?

I'm running about 100 in town and 90 on the freeway.

Do a search here - many early cars have a grounding problem in the gauge. So I would first confirm if it's really hot or is the gauge reading hotter than what it is.

I got mine up to 100, went to a gas station and took a reading with a laser heat gun pointed at the aluminum return tubes feeding the fans. The gauge read 100, but the actual was 90.

An increase in the electrical load will cause temp to go up 10. Now that summer is here and even turning the A/C all the way down and the fan on high, will cause a significant increase in load to move the gauge.

Another way to test at home is get her to 100 with the A/C running and then add more load with the lights - or even better the fog lights and watch the gauge go up. Turn off lights, reduce a/c and see if gauge goes down.

ive heard that about earlier diablos,im pretty sure mine was acurate,it was close to 100 outside,on cooler nights it stays at 80 that day it was close to 100,it was a hot day.

Mine runs up to around 100 also, when i'm driving hard or in traffic on a hot day.