Looking for a new car tomorrow

RaginBull

We test drove the Panamera Turbo today. It is an excellent car. I did not care for the layout of all the buttons and switches. It just feels like too many things are all over the place. There are buttons for everything. Sport, Sport Plus, and stiffness selection are all separate buttons! Too much! The ride is fairly comfortable, the car is very fast for a four door but it doesn't feel as fast as it is. Maybe its the turbo that makes it feel that way. I don't know. The trunk is very small. I would have to make sure we can fit a double baby stroller in there. My wife liked it, as did I, but we didn't love it. Still it might win. It may just be the best option. It didn't help that the car we test drove was beat to hell.

My favorite dealer will bring the Rapide to the house for her to try on Monday. If she likes it, I will definitely order her the refresh (facelift and more power) that will be officially announced soon.

The Panamera turbo is great, don't get me wrong. It just didn't blow me away. The FF is definitely 100k + better if that price difference isn't a killer on your wallet. The FF also comes with a 7 years unlimited mileage warranty. But for my wife, it must have 4 doors.

I will report back on the Aston Monday night. Thanks!

what if she wants to take the kids and 2 other people?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All is great!!! Thank you for looking out!!

we have one baby (although last nite im pretty sure I made another one), and in the RRS it gets cramped with the stroller and gear. If we go costco shopping we leave the stroller at home. I would love if RR made a full size with a third row.

we have one baby (although last nite im pretty sure I made another one),

:icon_super:

and in the RRS it gets cramped with the stroller and gear. If we go costco shopping we leave the stroller at home. I would love if RR made a full size with a third row.

Yeah, kids have lots of accessories!!

Panamera is horrid to look at, it's possibly one of the ugliest cars out there at the moment but it's a very nice ride, FF closely 2nd but the FF is unbelievable to drive, one of the best cars I've driven, very impressive and the sound for a standard muffler gets a 10 in my book. I know you wife wants four doors but if she didn't FF would be the pick of the bunch for me.

The plan was to buy her a new range rover and a sedan. So far, we have not found a sedan she likes. The updated Aston Rapide will probably be a car we will order when it is announced, but till then....

Today we went to Range Rover with the plan to order one. They will not even accept money to order a 2013. They have over 30 people in line and only 6 allocations so far. So, I wanted to get her in something and they have an Autobiography model in stock. I am not in tune with range rover model lingo but the guy said it meets my criteria; supercharged, biggest version and loaded (kid tv screens, etc). She test drove it, she liked it so I am picking it up tomorrow. I didn't even get in it. We had our son with us and I hung with him while she went for a spin. I will let you guys know what I think tomorrow night after I check it out at home. As long as she is happy, I am. It is black with black interior.

I love you and Scotty right now!!! Scotty buys an Aventador on impulse and you buy an RR Autobiography edition like it aint no thang.

img_0369.jpg

The plan was to buy her a new range rover and a sedan. So far, we have not found a sedan she likes. The updated Aston Rapide will probably be a car we will order when it is announced, but till then....

Today we went to Range Rover with the plan to order one. They will not even accept money to order a 2013. They have over 30 people in line and only 6 allocations so far. So, I wanted to get her in something and they have an Autobiography model in stock. I am not in tune with range rover model lingo but the guy said it meets my criteria; supercharged, biggest version and loaded (kid tv screens, etc). She test drove it, she liked it so I am picking it up tomorrow. I didn't even get in it. We had our son with us and I hung with him while she went for a spin. I will let you guys know what I think tomorrow night after I check it out at home. As long as she is happy, I am. It is black with black interior.

Hmmm, I've had money down on a '13 Range Rover for a couple months now... Spot 1, should have it in late December. Dealers here are also only getting a few in an initial 'batch' and they are spec'd by LR... As a back-up, I've spec'd a second truck as I want for Feb delivery.

The order volume seems similar up here - trickle of supple and lots of orders. Strangely, the Canadian dealers are offering HUGE discounts on the remaining inventory of 2012s, like ~$30k off a new Autobiography. I say strangely, because many of them are blowing them out now and will have barely any new cars to sell through the winter.

Are the US dealers playing the same game?

Hmmm, I've had money down on a '13 Range Rover for a couple months now... Spot 1, should have it in late December. Dealers here are also only getting a few in an initial 'batch' and they are spec'd by LR... As a back-up, I've spec'd a second truck as I want for Feb delivery.

The order volume seems similar up here - trickle of supple and lots of orders. Strangely, the Canadian dealers are offering HUGE discounts on the remaining inventory of 2012s, like ~$30k off a new Autobiography. I say strangely, because many of them are blowing them out now and will have barely any new cars to sell through the winter.

Are the US dealers playing the same game?

I got 10k off. The plan will be to drive it for a year and then trade in for a 2014 RR. Give them a year for any kinks.

I love you and Scotty right now!!! Scotty buys an Aventador on impulse and you buy an RR Autobiography edition like it aint no thang.

Yeah, it wasn't exactly impulse. We planned to get one since we found out we are having another baby. It just has been my travel schedule and morning sickness that postponed us actually getting to the dealership. She liked it so, that was all I cared about. Its a Rover, it must be a good automobile.

Yeah, it wasn't exactly impulse. We planned to get one since we found out we are having another baby. It just has been my travel schedule and morning sickness that postponed us actually getting to the dealership. She liked it so, that was all I cared about. Its a Rover, it must be a good automobile.

Congrats on the upcoming baby!

Congrats on the new car and baby kris! I had an autobiography in a few moths ago from NY to fit mufflers on and the fit and finish was just perfect! the little details on the car completely set it apart from the previous rr's - Sounds like a great baby hauler.

Thanks Dave!! If my wife is well, we will be at your event this weekend. Morning sickness has been rough this go around. I look forward to it!!

Checkered garage floor, why??? Because race car sleeps here!

Looks great

Haha! Yeah, I did that garage checkered and the other black with the Italian flag inlay for the Lambos. I like the garage tiles. They hold up well, never get slippery, and look cool.