Who wants a Countach?

Allan-Herbie

I have tried to contact the seller of the 87 but have yet to hear back.

For me with all of its issues this is a perfect car for me even if it’s more than I would like to pay.

I would jump right into the Euro conversion.

On the Interior I kind of like that its trashed gives me the excuse to replace it instead of living with one that I would want to fix anyway with the normal wear and tear.

The color isn't bad but its photos so hard to really see what is there, I've never been a fan of candy’s so a repaint wouldn't bother me to get it back to the original but the question is what was it originally?

I'm not looking for a perfect car I want something that needs work so I can learn the car but that’s me I love it.

I would rather have a LP400s but I haven't found any lately up for sale other than Tonys car and last time I talked to him he was putting it in an auction and that thing needs a lot of work.

All of them that I have found I have not heard back from the sellers so I assume they have sold.

This car at 85K would be great but I doubt the seller will go that low.

I'm also wondering what they did on that front bumper like how is that insert attached to the car?

And the welding of the holes in the back as long as it was done right its cool but if they overheated it there could be a lot of filler back there and that would suck.

As Ive said before.. expect to spend money after you buy it to get it like you want it..

I would rather have a LP400s but I haven't found any lately up for sale other than Tonys car and last time I talked to him he was putting it in an auction and that thing needs a lot of work.

Which car is this? Lp400?

Which car is this? Lp400?

The black and a salmon like interior and its a LP400S 1981 I believe. Been on his site for a while, he bought it from Roy.

I looked at it and while it isn't a bad car Im not sure I could deal with all the little things about it I would want to fix and for the price I think its too much He told me something around $165,000. The bigest thing is it needs right away is a clutch.

The black and a salmon like interior and its a LP400S 1981 I believe. Been on his site for a while, he bought it from Roy.

I looked at it and while it isn't a bad car Im not sure I could deal with all the little things about it I would want to fix and for the price I think its too much He told me something around $165,000. The bigest thing is it needs right away is a clutch.

That seems to be an insane amount of money for that car. It would make sense for an s1 but not for that car.

This one looks awesome!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lamborghini...a5#ht_979wt_948

Allan, what do you think??

This one looks awesome!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lamborghini...a5#ht_979wt_948

Allan, what do you think??

I was trying to inquire about that car prior to buying mine.. Atfirst they wanted 290k.

As Ive said before.. expect to spend money after you buy it to get it like you want it..

I emailed with the seller. He was very arrogant. Also, he informed me of paint chips (totally understandable with a car this old and original paint) and the A/C is not working. He got an attitude when I asked for pics of the paint chips. He decided to take them after the car did not meet reserve and the auction ended. I told him I was no longer interested and he replied with a rude email accusing me of wasting his time and being a fraud. We emailed maybe 4 times in total and it took him 4 days to send me a pic. Strange guy. It is a rare car, and I was interested, but for me, my comfort with the seller is very important. This would have been an off-the-cuff purchase, but I was ready to buy if it felt right. I felt like he was shady and playing games and that ended it for me. I didn't like that the broken A/C was not mentioned in the auction. I hope that car finds a good home. If the seller was Roy, I would probably have that Countach in route to me now. The attitude of the seller and honestly about the car is everything.

Instead, I have a deal almost done on a different Lambo, not a Countach.

Then have Roy work the deal for you.... let him check it out and buy it with the understanding of selling it to you. Don't deal with the headache... let him do it. You have to be a little crazy to buy one of these and that seems to come out when the person puts it up for sale, so don't expect normal sanity and if you find it then consider it a bonus. Plus, NEVER assume a countach has working a/c. If it "WORKS" then it is usually in the ad as a selling point. Odd since the a/c systems on these are easy to fix and entirely new compressors (the usual problem) can be bought for $120 dollars new.

Roy reasonable so i'm sure he wouldn't be looking to charge you a ton over his time needed. I would inquire with him. A countach is your best bet for value right now as any other model, except a miura, you will probably loose money on.

Then have Roy work the deal for you.... let him check it out and buy it with the understanding of selling it to you. Don't deal with the headache... let him do it. You have to be a little crazy to buy one of these and that seems to come out when the person puts it up for sale, so don't expect normal sanity and if you find it then consider it a bonus. Plus, NEVER assume a countach has working a/c. If it "WORKS" then it is usually in the ad as a selling point. Odd since the a/c systems on these are easy to fix and entirely new compressors (the usual problem) can be bought for $120 dollars new.

Roy reasonable so i'm sure he wouldn't be looking to charge you a ton over his time needed. I would inquire with him. A countach is your best bet for value right now as any other model, except a miura, you will probably loose money on.

I agree other than the listing touted how perfect the car is. Anything that is not working should be listed in an ebay listing. No one should have to assuming things aren't working on a car that is advertised as 100%.

If I was actively looking for Coutach I would put Roy on it. I just happen to come across that one and I got interested. Since then, I found a Murcie Roadster I like and I am working out the deal on it. I will keep it for 2 years and sell it when I get my Aventador roadster. I have been looking for the right Murice roadster since I got my Aventador. I am enjoying the big V12 Lambo ride a lot. I would rather have a Murice roadster than my Gallardo spyder right now. Hopefully that deal will close in the next few days. If I get the Countach bug again and it sticks with me, I will ask Roy to help get me the right car. This Countach would have been a spontaneous purchse for me. The Murcie roadster has been planned.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Murcie roadster I guess isn't a bad plan either :)

You're a smart guy so I'm sure you have it figured out... i didn't read the ad so didn't know

the guy claimed 100% perfect car. Not possible as Albert will tell you. All i can say is i hope

the roadster treats you well and that someday you do get a countach since you're such a huge

enthusiast.

Murcie roadster I guess isn't a bad plan either :)

You're a smart guy so I'm sure you have it figured out... i didn't read the ad so didn't know

the guy claimed 100% perfect car. Not possible as Albert will tell you. All i can say is i hope

the roadster treats you well and that someday you do get a countach since you're such a huge

enthusiast.

Thank you. I hope the deal works out. I would like to get a Countach someday!

Good advice. One has always to wonder about arrogant sellers. In Europe, France in Particular, I always read end end exotic adds with "Buffons, do not call" or "not serious buyer stay away"

To me that is a turn off to the willing buyers because it makes you guilty for asking the tough questions.

The dreamer will always call the seller anyway as they dont gice a damn.. So what the seller wants in those adds is a douchbag with money, to buy and not ask anything and not be bothered.

I personally would stay away from buyers like that as 1) they are not serious in selling 2) if they treat you like dirt before you buy the car, dont expect things to improve after you commit..

Better buy a more expensive car and not have the nightmare to come, or get a guy like Roy who know how to deal with sellers like these and GET A TOP NOTCH PPI!!