Is this the yellow a NH auction car?

Peter K

Buy it now of 15k? That seems..... too low. Why so cheap?

My better judgement tells me there must be a good reason it's so cheap lol.

My better judgement tells me there must be a good reason it's so cheap lol.

How far away is it from where you are? Is it an option for you to see the car in person, that could be your Lambo ownership dream right there, by the time you will be done with it you will know it inside out.

Make the guy an offer he can not refuse :icon_mrgreen:

It's the same car. It looks like the guy who purchased it from the auction has done a hell if a job perfuming the pig but alas it's still a pig!

The car is about 40min from me.

He's done pretty much nothing since the auction. He's a flipper.

How far away is it from where you are? Is it an option for you to see the car in person, that could be your Lambo ownership dream right there, by the time you will be done with it you will know it inside out.

Make the guy an offer he can not refuse :icon_mrgreen:

I find it odd that it says: Needs a drivetrain... even though I can see the engine in there. I'm trying to do the math in my head of the engine work that it would need (it looks like it's sat for a long time) and it seems for the $25-30k range for a running urraco, it may even cost more for that car. Interior and upholstery... etc etc..

That said, in regards to an offer... I can't. I suppose the cat should be let out of the bag. I'm in the middle of a potential trade with my 2 cars.. It's not a Lambo though, it's actually a 308. I have considered either an old lambo OR a ferrari and the opportunity knocked on my door. Unfortunately, the other party is dragging their feet. But I'm trying to be as patient as possible. A 308 seemed odd at first, but after looking at the DIY articles and everything, it seemed a good opportunity to trade, drive it for a while, and likely be able to flip it for a little more and work my way up to a better old Lambo of sorts. Trying to think ahead of trading up. The maintenance actually looks easy in comparison to some of the cars I've worked on. Being mid engine, I can also dig that too. I realize it's a "slow car" - but speed is only one factor of considering a vintage Ferrari or Lamborghini. The beauty, the styling, the sound, the feel... vintage cars just have something I love.

Hopefully I won't get too much shit for admitting I may get a Ferrari instead of a Lambo for now :lol2:

308 is a nice choice.

• 2 weeks later...

From a web site

Lot # 2305 1974 Lamborghini Urraco P300 Coupe; S/N 20422; Yellow/Black; Unrestored original, 4- condition; Hammered Sold at $6,000 plus commission of 15.00%; Final Price $6,900 — Crudely resprayed but otherwise original, neglected and in parlous condition. The structure is stamped 1060*708, but the pop-riveted Lambo plate (and the homologation plate) says the chassis number is 20422 It’s difficult to find anyone who wants a Urraco, let alone one in this neglected condition, so Auctions America’s success in finding a buyer, especially at this price, is an accomplishment of no small measure.

Yikes. Glad I went with another route.