LP-550/2 need exhaust advice

dhayek

hey guys, i just took delivery of my new lp-550/2, love it and love the RWD. i was just wondering what would be the better exhaust mod ? any advice? thanks

m6power, any clips of your exhaust? I have heard the fabspeed exhaust on a 560 once before, but listening to it from a different camera/car/etc would be nice.

I have searched and searched for a 560 exhaust and from what I can hear on youtube, it seems to me like all the aftermarket exhausts just amplify the sound of the stock exhaust, but there is no change in tone. I am hoping to be wrong and that youtube vids just aren't doing justice.

m6power, any clips of your exhaust? I have heard the fabspeed exhaust on a 560 once before, but listening to it from a different camera/car/etc would be nice.

I have searched and searched for a 560 exhaust and from what I can hear on youtube, it seems to me like all the aftermarket exhausts just amplify the sound of the stock exhaust, but there is no change in tone. I am hoping to be wrong and that youtube vids just aren't doing justice.

exactly my thoughts, i installed on my previous 2004 gallardo a tubi rumore, the result was a formula 1 engine sound. i also had the impression watching all the youtube vids that on the lp's the tone is the same

another former Aventador owner getting a 550-2.....congrats.....I love mine too!

:icon_thumleft:

I love that the Gallardo (IMO and Others) is still more fun and cooler than the 458 and MP4.

here is a few videos from different people of the exhaust on a 550/560 and a 570

550 in SG

mikes 560

(him driving, NOT us :turboalex: )

on a blancpain caroverseas

also, our setup is 70mm, if you want a higher pitch we can drop the diameter down to 63.5 for better low end power and a higher pitched sound... i just did it on an 04 (dropped diameter from 70 to 63.5 and the car got way more F1 soundish)

In all fairness, I have never heard Dave's / Fabspeed exhaust in person. I am sure it is epic! I heard a Kreissieg and had to get it on my Gallardo because I fell in love on the spot. I had never even heard of Fabspeed at that point, and still haven't gotten over there to hear it in person (his shop is only about an hour drive from me -- my bad). Could be as good / better!

David,

-What are all the negatives to dropping the diameter from 70 to 63.5? Loss of high end power? etc.?

-Why 63.5? Is that an arbitrary number or is there some scientific measurement behind this?

-Have you tried a 63.5 on an LP560 before? I am assuming no, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks.

Youtube videos are the worst to go by...nothing sounds like hearing it in person, and you need to hear it under load, not just idle revving. I'm running Capristo on mine and love that it actually makes the tone more bassy, where something like a Kreissieg sounds more tinny and F1 like. So the tones do change, just Youtube does not capture it well. I have heard a few of the others out there i.e. Fab, RSC, QS etc...and most recently, Meisterschaft. They all have very different characteristics, the Meisterschaft has been the loudest I have heard, next to straights, and shoots flames :)

Youtube videos are the worst to go by...nothing sounds like hearing it in person, and you need to hear it under load, not just idle revving. I'm running Capristo on mine and love that it actually makes the tone more bassy, where something like a Kreissieg sounds more tinny and F1 like. So the tones do change, just Youtube does not capture it well. I have heard a few of the others out there i.e. Fab, RSC, QS etc...and most recently, Meisterschaft. They all have very different characteristics, the Meisterschaft has been the loudest I have heard, next to straights, and shoots flames :)

:iamwithstupid:

Capristo :icon_super:

exactly my thoughts, i installed on my previous 2004 gallardo a tubi rumore, the result was a formula 1 engine sound. i also had the impression watching all the youtube vids that on the lp's the tone is the same

I havent had a chance to take any sound clips (even though I promised Dave I would), Ill try getting some this weekend if weather permits. If youre looking to change the tone to the F1 scream like pre LP cars, it won’t happen. Fabspeed does give it a deeper sound, with ENOUGH "loudness." I didnt want anything obnoxious which was my main concern. The best part is at Idle you can actually hear the exhaust, unlike stock. Choosing an exhaust was probably one of the hardest things Ive done the last six months lol. There are not enough clips that can really give you a true feeling of how the car sounds. After researching and pestering many, many, people on this board I went with Fabspeed and couldnt be happier. Ill try taking some clips tomorrow.

another former Aventador owner getting a 550-2.....congrats.....I love mine too!

lol! i thought i was the only one. honestly i loved the aventador for the looks and the push, but, its the first time i say it, i had one of the very first cars delivered, i got unlucky, i got 3 gearboxes in 5000km...

lol! i thought i was the only one. honestly i loved the aventador for the looks and the push, but, its the first time i say it, i had one of the very first cars delivered, i got unlucky, i got 3 gearboxes in 5000km...

I had an earlier one too, and my gearbox was good, but didnt like the way the suspension was set up. I hear they have fixed this issue in the 13 models, so maybe a roadster could be in my future!

In all fairness, I have never heard Dave's / Fabspeed exhaust in person. I am sure it is epic! I heard a Kreissieg and had to get it on my Gallardo because I fell in love on the spot. I had never even heard of Fabspeed at that point, and still haven't gotten over there to hear it in person (his shop is only about an hour drive from me -- my bad). Could be as good / better!

just waiting on you to cave and let me make you a killer setup on your new roadster

David,

-What are all the negatives to dropping the diameter from 70 to 63.5? Loss of high end power? etc.?

-Why 63.5? Is that an arbitrary number or is there some scientific measurement behind this?

-Have you tried a 63.5 on an LP560 before? I am assuming no, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks.

traditionally smaller diameter shines better in the lower RPM range whereas the larger diameter provides better gains up top... 63.5 is 2.5" where as 70mm is 2.75" so as you can see they arent arbitrary, just the most common sized :turboalex: as i said earlier, i had an 04 G in last week that we did our 70mm system on, then made a new system in 2.5" (same exhaust design and all) and the car sounded much MUCH more f1-ish - the customer is putting a vid together for me and i will post it as soon as it gets to me.

I havent had a chance to take any sound clips (even though I promised Dave I would), Ill try getting some this weekend if weather permits. If youre looking to change the tone to the F1 scream like pre LP cars, it won’t happen. Fabspeed does give it a deeper sound, with ENOUGH "loudness." I didnt want anything obnoxious which was my main concern. The best part is at Idle you can actually hear the exhaust, unlike stock. Choosing an exhaust was probably one of the hardest things Ive done the last six months lol. There are not enough clips that can really give you a true feeling of how the car sounds. After researching and pestering many, many, people on this board I went with Fabspeed and couldnt be happier. Ill try taking some clips tomorrow.

great feedback!

DHAYEK,I can drive over and check Fabspeed for you. It'll give me the reason to get off my ass and finally stop by there. Dave and I have talked, he is a great guy. I have been meaning to get over there. If he has a car there I can hear, I will give an honest opinion compared to the Kreissieg I have lived with for a few years.

DHAYEK,I can drive over and check Fabspeed for you. It'll give me the reason to get off my ass and finally stop by there. Dave and I have talked, he is a great guy. I have been meaning to get over there. If he has a car there I can hear, I will give an honest opinion compared to the Kreissieg I have lived with for a few years.

The best I can do is let you hear our 2006 shop car, it's got the 70mm system on it so it should give you a decent idea on sound. It seems there is very few LP cars in our direct area but a decent amount of 04-08's

And thanks for the kind words! You were one of the awesome "customers" [people I have talked to through work]that really knows their stuff and is interested in all aspects of the car, not just the buying and driving part which I respect.

I like the FabSpeed that's on my 560...Not crazy loud...Just enough to let you know that there is some muscle under the bonnet, unlike the stock exhaust which makes it sound like a Prius.

well thanks! will wait for your feedback. most important for me is not to have under 4k rpm "resonance" i dont know if its the right word, its the annoying sound at a given rpm