MOAR RSC SV Wing Shots

adam76

I really like the look of the RSC wing but on there website they say you can't go over 180 mph because of the added downforce! Thats a real big bummer. I'm sure it won't effect 90% of the ppl that buy this wing but I'm part of the other 10% :(

That actually is a letdown..

I really like the look of the RSC wing but on there website they say you can't go over 180 mph because of the added downforce! Thats a real big bummer. I'm sure it won't effect 90% of the ppl that buy this wing but I'm part of the other 10% :(

:iamwithstupid:

That's a shame with such a beautiful wing.

We sell proprietary wings that are good to 200, 220, and 300mph and adjust downforce on the fly as desired. We did it because of the very fact that no one seemed to have any solutions.

We sell proprietary wings that are good to 200, 220, and 300mph and adjust downforce on the fly as desired. We did it because of the very fact that no one seemed to have any solutions.

I want to see the crew push a G up to 200mp/h.

Dwiggs you seem to have the best of everything but nothing is finished yet.

I can't wait for the time when all your goodies will be hitting the market :icon_thumleft:

Dwiggs you seem to have the best of everything but nothing is finished yet.

I can't wait for the time when all your goodies will be hitting the market :icon_thumleft:

Me too! We are so slammed with cars it's been crazy!

Me too! We are so slammed with cars it's been crazy!

Have you finished any? I haven't seen any info on the cars you are building systems for.

Adam:

On your RSC rear diffuser, did they have any trouble installing it? Did you have to get new exhaust pipes also to extend their length? Also, PM me on the cost of your RSC rear diffuser (parts and labor). Also on your side skirts too!

Thanks!

Have you finished any? I haven't seen any info on the cars you are building systems for.

We have finished several parts to Big builds (exhausts, suspension, 12V stuff, weight removal, etc.). With our current clients all being in seasonal driving cities, they all wanted to wait until winter for their TT systems because of the down time. Since we started only in June, this winter will be our first 'build season'. Lots of stuff will be released now that the weather is finally turning cold.

Thanks again everyone for the comments!

That wing looks awesome! That is what the LP570 should've come with! Love it.

Nice 599, too. One of my friends also has a gray 599 with Capristo and ADVs...love the sound of Capristo on F-cars!

9fc7960.jpg

Wow, your friends 599 looks great, know if he lowered it and how?

That looks SICK!!! How securely does it attach to the deck lid?

They also include a remade OEM wing piece were the uprights attach too. So the SV wing attachment to OEM wing is very solid. The OEM wing attaches via OEM mounts, there is a bit of play since the OEM mount is designed to move, but the lift has been disabled obviously.

This is the real question. The white 550 gallardo that RSC did at SEMA was pretty loose even though it looked good. Im hoping you figured out a better way to secure it.

I did not notice the looseness of their fitment so not sure how it compares to mine. I feel mine is pretty solid, outside the "play" I mentioned above.

That actually is a letdown..

OMG yes this is a let down...I didn't see that until you just pointed it out, nor did RSC mention it to me! In the beginning I inquired a lot about wind tunnel testing and how the wing would perform. While they did not test the car in a real wind tunnel, they used a virtual wind tunnel program and assured me everything checked out. So am a bit unhappy now seeing this...wondering how you could have too much down force? I do drive fast, and this is now a concern for me...I even have an airport runway event coming up in a couple weeks, although its only a half mile so doubt I will hit 180 then...but still :(

Any pictures or mock ups of your Gallardo wings D.Wiggs?

Adam:

On your RSC rear diffuser, did they have any trouble installing it? Did you have to get new exhaust pipes also to extend their length? Also, PM me on the cost of your RSC rear diffuser (parts and labor). Also on your side skirts too!

Thanks!

PM incoming...

Guest StuartRSC
This is the real question. The white 550 gallardo that RSC did at SEMA was pretty loose even though it looked good. Im hoping you figured out a better way to secure it.

Aha! So that's where the fingerprints came from!!! I guess we should have had a bouncer like the Forgiato booth lol.

Aha! So that's where the fingerprints came from!!! I guess we should have had a bouncer like the Forgiato booth lol.

Hey Stu!! Welcome to the party!! Whats this

Guest StuartRSC

Couple of things for you guys. As Adam said, the upgrights are very securely fastened to the base, which supercedes the OEM wing. That base is secured to the decklid in the same manner as the SuperG wing - there are 2 'cups' on the underside of the decklid, and 6 screws which go through the cups, through the decklid and are threaded into the base of the wing. The reason we chose to fill out the space where the OEM wing used to sit is so that the load from the wing can be spread out across the decklid. There is a small amount of movement (I wouldn't describe it as 'pretty loose') when the car is static. When the car is moving and the wing is generating load, that load presses down through the uprights and is transmitted to the car across the entire width of the decklid. There is a small amount of flexion of the base when this happens which accounts for the room for movement when the wing is unloaded.

180MPH.... yes we did do virtual wind tunnelling with this. The wing element itself was carefully measured such that the angle of attack when mounted is the same as the angle of attack on the OEM 670-SV wing, and because we laser scanned the part and scaled it, the points where the upgrights are bonded to the wing are also identical in scale etc.

However, in 'real' life we have not had the opportunity ourselves to test this part in excess of 180MPH. That is not to say that we don't believe it will perform well at say, 200MPH, we just haven't had the opportunity to test it under those conditions so far. Especially these days where forced induction conversions and top speed events are pushing the limits ever higher. Although having said that if you're going to do a top speed run why would you do it with a large drag-producing wing anyway?

So really, the concern here is not what happens when someone does 185MPH, but there are certainly a lot of cars out there capable of running 250MPH+ in a closed-runway top speed shootout event. I doubt that speeds in excess of 250MPH were a part of the OEM Superleggera wing's design parameters. That is not to say that it will not withstand those forces, but if you were to break your SuperG wing at 260MPH, I wonder whether Lamborghini would approve a warranty claim, or say that it was not a part of the original design brief? The design brief for our wing was to operate safely at speeds up to 200MPH. We have not had the opportunity to test at those speeds as of this date.

I doubt that speeds in excess of 250MPH were a part of the OEM Superleggera wing's design parameters. That is not to say that it will not withstand those forces, but if you were to break your SuperG wing at 260MPH, I wonder whether Lamborghini would approve a warranty claim, or say that it was not a part of the original design brief?

Totally agree with you here. I can almost guarantee the SV wing (big wing that is) would rip off somewhere north of 240. That's why we won't go that fast with it on.

With as 'poorly' (for insane speeds that is) as the stock wings are attached; I don't think any of them on either platform would be a good idea for ultra-high speed; especially repeatedly. because if they let go suddenly; you are SCREWED!

Wow, your friends 599 looks great, know if he lowered it and how?

Yes, his 599 is lowered with H&R lowering springs.

Look forward to seeing pics of your 599 when it's done!

Just curious... how did you test a wing for 300mph?

Thanks Stu and Wiggs for the 411 on the wing...I can rest a little better now :)

Yes, his 599 is lowered with H&R lowering springs.

Look forward to seeing pics of your 599 when it's done!

Thanks...my friend said ride was horrible with H&R and pulled them from his 599. How is your friends ride after the springs?

Guest StuartRSC
Thanks Stu and Wiggs for the 411 on the wing...I can rest a little better now :)

I plan on doing 200MPH in our car as soon as I can manage it and then we can pull that disclaimer off the website!!!

Thanks...my friend said ride was horrible with H&R and pulled them from his 599. How is your friends ride after the springs?

I have not driven or rode in the car myself, but he hasn't complained about the ride comfort as far as I know. Then again, he drives the sh** out of the car, so it's all relative...lol He didn't buy it just to cruise around town and takes it on a lot of our spirited drives.

For example, this summer did a long 3-hour drive with Balboni leading the drive and DoctaM3 (Aventador) was driving right behind the 599 for most of the drive...through the twisties and basically we were all trying to catch up to Balboni...lmao...needless to say, the 599 was getting a major workout on that drive cuz Balboni wasn't stopping for anyone!

I have not driven or rode in the car myself, but he hasn't complained about the ride comfort as far as I know. Then again, he drives the sh** out of the car, so it's all relative...lol He didn't buy it just to cruise around town and takes it on a lot of our spirited drives.

For example, this summer did a long 3-hour drive with Balboni leading the drive and DoctaM3 (Aventador) was driving right behind the 599 for most of the drive...through the twisties and basically we were all trying to catch up to Balboni...lmao...needless to say, the 599 was getting a major workout on that drive cuz Balboni wasn't stopping for anyone!

Hmmm, wonder if my friends wasn't balanced properly. I was thinking of Novitec springs, but my Ferrari tech said he can turn down the stock coil-overs which is my preference. Just looking for someone who has done this to see how it worked out. I drive the snot out of all my cars...took the 599 on goldRush from Atlanta to Miami and the 560 did Giro through CO this year, so far...and countless drives back home. I picked up the 599 with 3k miles at the start of June...it has 9k now :)

Perhaps we should change the disclaimer , should read product tested to 185MPH; not to say it will fail above tha, as some of you know we pride ourselves inb creating good workable products with proper testing and diligence, no doubt the wing will withstand higher speeds we just haven't tested to those levels yet so do not want to claim something we cannot back up. As soon as the car is back from the LA autoshow we wil get it up around 200mph so we can endorse that level

Like a BAUSS.

Looks bad ass! I think the color of your car is what makes the wing flow so well with the car. Im not sure how any other color would look with the wing.

Just curious... how did you test a wing for 300mph?

I would imagine that high is done in simulations. No wind tunnel I know of produces that high of a wind speed.

I would imagine that high is done in simulations. No wind tunnel I know of produces that high of a wind speed.

Drive full speed during Sandy. Problem solved.