2003 Murci - Recall Campaign

flying v

There was also a service bulliten on the lug bolts for the wheels of the 03 Murcie's...they would "click" at low speeds sounding like a bad CV Joint. The lug bolts had to be replaced if this happened. I had mine replaced on the 40th Anniversary car I had for awhile under this bulliten.

There was also a new oil sticker that was a service bulliten...most dealers just put the new sticker on when the car came in for service.

Kaoss thank you for that I've experienced a similar issue on the G series, I will go to talk to the mechanic about it because they couldn't figure out where the noise came from.

No problem Fortis. I remember when GPI in Portland was open, they had an 03 Murcie in for the clicking sound. They had it on the lift, running it, listening to everything they could with a stethescope....I told them it was the lug bolts and they didn't believe me. So I convinced them to just swap a set from another Murcie and see if the noise went away on the "problem" car and see if the noise suddenly appeared on the non problem car...it did. So they ordered a new set of lug bolts, problem solved. LOL. I haven't heard of the problem on the Gallardo, but that's not to say the problem couldn't duplicate itself on that platform as well.

Let me know if it solves your problem as well, interested to know.

I am confused as to why you are worrying about this on a 2003 car?